Greetings from Suzy and I, Chicagoland, Illinois

suzysmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, Please meet Suzy, my little darling kitty project.  Originally adopted in January 2016 as a companion for my 91-year old mom.  At the time of her adoption we were told she was 2, but when the vets spayed her, they changed it to six.  She really looks like almost a kitten though, because she's such a little girl.  Unfortunately she was a little too much for my mom to take care of for her, so she has now come to live with me.  I officially went and changed her paperwork today, and had it confirmed that she was a stray when she was brought to the shelter.  I had my strong suspicions as she had several issues, including ear/eye infection and litterbox issues.  She was also extremely thin when we first got her.  I've been trying hard to fatten her up as the last time I had her at vet a few weeks ago she was just 4 pounds 8 ounces, a tiny little stinker.   She now loves her half and half in the morning and her Fancy Feast Broths for a bedtime snack!   I think I've been successful at solving most of  her issues and we've grown pretty in love with one another :-)  Looking forward to making some new online kitty friends!

View media item 350985

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  
  Suzy really is a little doll - I love her expression.    This is a great resource if you need advice on any of her issues, or if new ones crop up.  And it's a very friendly site, with lots of opportunities to talk about and show off your girl.  I hope you enjoy your time here!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzysmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Margd! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi  Welcome to the site

Lovely intro, hope your mom is well. Suzy is Gorgeous she looks like a tuxedo.

We love pictures!!
I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Last edited:

suzysmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww thank you, how sweet. Mom is doing very well, thanks, was just too much to take care of her. And thank you for the Suzy compliments, she's my little sweetie! Very happy to have found the site!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. 

I've got a Susy too, we call her Susy Siren as she's such a vocal little cat.

Looking forward to hearing more about your Suzy.

suzysmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awni bet your Susy"s so cute. My Suzy can be very vocal as well, when she's in the mood to talk :-). Fortunately she's broken the habit of yowling and talking at 4:00 in the morning, which is what she was doing when I first brought her home. But she's adjusted nicely and become a loved family member! Say hi to Susy for us!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, Please meet Suzy, my little darling kitty project.  Originally adopted in January 2016 as a companion for my 91-year old mom.  At the time of her adoption we were told she was 2, but when the vets spayed her, they changed it to six.  She really looks like almost a kitten though, because she's such a little girl.  Unfortunately she was a little too much for my mom to take care of for her, so she has now come to live with me.  I officially went and changed her paperwork today, and had it confirmed that she was a stray when she was brought to the shelter.  I had my strong suspicions as she had several issues, including ear/eye infection and litterbox issues.  She was also extremely thin when we first got her.  I've been trying hard to fatten her up as the last time I had her at vet a few weeks ago she was just 4 pounds 8 ounces, a tiny little stinker.   She now loves her half and half in the morning and her Fancy Feast Broths for a bedtime snack!   I think I've been successful at solving most of  her issues and we've grown pretty in love with one another :-)  Looking forward to making some new online kitty friends!

View media item 350985

Awww Suzy is so cute! She reminds me of my cat, Tesla!

suzysmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well thanks! And Tesla and Suzy do look very similar, especially in facial markings!