Greetings From Florida

Dreamyraynbo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I've been a longtime lurker here at The Cat Site and have learned some very useful things from other users. I suppose it's finally time to become official. :)

My name is Rachel and I'm married to my lifelong love, Bob. We had a sweet shorthaired kitty named Lucia who passed away two years ago from a combination of hyperthyroid and laryngeal paralysis. Lucia was my little kitty soulmate; I didn't think I would ever recover from losing her. However, we got a kitten (grandaughter of a stray kitty who came to me for help after having a litter of kittens) about 4 months after we lost Lucia. As anyone who's lost a kitty knows, getting a new baby doesn't take away the loss, but it does help cope with that loss.

These days, Tali'Zorah vas Ripperdan (Tali when she's behaving, which is seldom, Talidorable when she's being precious, which is always) is the love of my life. We believe she has ragdoll genes based on appearance and behavior, but it doesn't really matter. She's sweet (and stubborn) and beautiful and makes everyday fun. Although she occasionally meows like a real cat, she mostly chirps or chatters, which is SO CUTE. She also loves to climb, especially our flatscreen TVs. That... has been a struggle, lol. The TVs are all braced, now, so hopefully she won't smash them or, more frighteningly, herself. In fact, she loves to climb anything. We're finishing up a remodel, and hope to put up some wall shelves she can climb like steps. Hopefully we aren't asking for trouble in doing that, lol!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know people here! Best to you and your kitties.

She loves to climb and doesn't seem to believe me when I tell her she can't walk on the ceiling.
2017-08-16 20.03.46_preview.jpeg

She doesn't believe anywhere is off limits to her.
2017-11-22 16.22.01_preview.jpeg

Snuggles are good, too.
2017-12-01 21.38.54_preview.jpeg

Investigating the new bedroom. Look at that tail!!!
2018-01-25 15.52.57_preview.jpeg

This is how she often lays.
2017-12-31 12.05.31_preview.jpeg

My little otter.
2018-01-22 18.14.23_preview.jpeg

My baby.
2017-08-27 22.10.32_preview.jpeg

And daddy's baby.
2018-01-27 12.13.31_preview.jpeg

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

I'm sorry for your loss of Lucia. I sure know that feeling of losing a 'soul kitty'. I wasn't sure I could have another cat after I lost mine....but now I have four. :lol:

Tali looks like quite the character! Wall steps sound like a good idea for a kitty who loves to climb.

Welcome to TCS! I look forward to more stories and photos of your little girl.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous and what a character you have there. An acrobat (love the balancing act on the door) and a kitty practising for if you ever move to the Arctic. A cat in a fridge. I've never seen that before and it's a cool shot, literally.
Also, pics 3 and 5 would fit in this thread:

Betty's Straight Legs (post Your Straight Leggers)

And pic 2 for this:

Funny/cute Things Your Cats Do?

And pic 6 for this:

Post your sleeping beauties!!!

Just a suggestion as it would be a waste not to use them again elsewhere.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
44A39E11-0DB6-4A75-8F4D-BB7427DEE9C0.gif
Rachel, Bob and Tali, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
9C2BC2BB-7D7B-48E3-BBF2-0F825ADF7544.gif
to all of you.

We are so
9F281027-5F1E-41E4-9BFD-7E27F7127A10.gif
to hear about Lucia but we are happy that you found new love and joy in Tali.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Create A New Thread
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Tali is gorgeous! Do post more photos of her.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

Brian was my soulmate cat who died suddenly almost two years ago. Dudley was brought in as an emergency shortly after as I lived alone and simply couldn't bear the silence, it was as though my 2nd heart had stopped beating. I struggled with Dudley for the first year as I felt more like his foster mum than furparent, due to my intense grief for Brian. Bringing Parker into the fold shook things up and I've bonded with Dudley now. I adore Parker. Dudley adores Parker. Everyone adores Parker.

Parker also loves to climb, which is most definitely not a ragdoll trait, but hey, there are always exceptions to any rule.

IMG_2058.jpg

He also loves getting in the fridge but I don't have any photos of him in it, unfortunately. Both D & P chirrup and trill - these must be my favourite sounds in the universe, after purring, of course.

Your photos of Tali'Zorah vas Ripperdan are gorgeous, please do poke around in the photo forum as we all LOVE cat photos.

Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

:bouquet:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Condolences on the loss of your soul mate kitty, Lucia. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

I'm glad you adopted another kitty to help heal your heart. Tali'Zorah vas Ripperdan is adorable. :catlove: I laughed out loud at the picture of her trying to climb the ceiling. And the one of her in the fridge!!! :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! OMG, TEH FLOOF OF IT ALL! I could bury my face in that belleh, even risking losing my nose to do it! Tali is gorgeous. I know she will never take the place of Lucia, but yes, it does ease the loss, doesn't it? And I'm sure that Lucia had a hand (paw) in making sure just the right kitty found her way to you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: So glad Tali and you found us. She is absolutely gorgeous but I guess I don't have to tell you that, do I? ;) I think she has definitely found her "furever" home and that magnificent tail proves it. You may want to post a pic here to show it off: Fluffy Tails :]

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome, and thanks for sharing your adorable pics of Tali. The kitten in the fridge pic could be a great entry for the kittens in the kitchen-themed photo contest....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I was a lurker for quite a bit before I finally signed up (which was a great decision) so I have a soft spot for fellow lurkers.

I love your cat's name! Looks like she keeps you busy, too. :blush: