Grass blade and seed soft palate

Traceyoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a glass blade and seed removed from her soft palate after she started to gag as if she had a fur ball, the vet said her throat looked sore and her vocal cord area was inflammed, they took a biopsy and it came back that it was a reaction to the grass and seed . She has been on steroids twice a day for the first week and the vet said about dropping them to one every other day. She was fine at first but her raspy breathing started again so she was put back to two steroids a day. She is eating and drinking ok but occasionally at rest she has abit of noisy breathing for abit and then it subsides. I just wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience and how long it will take for her throat to heal? The vet has kept her on steroids for a few more weeks lowering the dose at the end .

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Was this a blade of grass or something more like a foxtail, or a part of one? I would also ask for the chest xray.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Traceyoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was a blade of grass and the vet said grass seed ,she checked her chest ,the noisy breathing seems to come from the upper respiratory area where she has the inflammation in her throat