Goodbye Sweet, Blind Troy - Can You See Rainbows Now?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good food; romps with foster kittens in the front lawn; chasing & catching teaser toys dragged in the grass; head scritches...these were some of Troy's favorite joys in his too short life of 4 years. Poor Troy was blind and had the floppy, bouncy walk typical of Cerebellar Hypoplasia (CH) kitties yet it apparently was his blindness that saved his life - he was put on antibiotics in an attempt to save his infected eyes and thus survived the virus that took his 4 siblings and his feral mother. He had recently suffered a neurological incident that left him incontinent & his bladder was unable to be sufficiently expressed. Oh - how hard it was to agree with the vet to let him go! ...His special needs status aroused my protective instincts. And he was a happy cat, he smelled, heard and felt so well that blindness didn't seem to bother him...4 years was so short :bawling:
Good-bye, my sweet "Troy Boy, Mama's Joy". I hope that in the Heavenly realm of the Creator, the ancestors and those yet to be born, you will be able to see the beauty that you could only sense down here. I love you! 20180317_144036.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will..... he is perfect now, whole and running through the meadows of time. He had 4 years of life, life you gave him, that you made whole for him with your love. He loved life because of you, and I hope you can take comfort from that because it meant everything to him.
You could not let him suffer, you took on his pain as your own and found the strength to do so through the love you hold for him in your heart. A love that is spiritual, so eternal. A love that will forever be a part of your soul.
Try not to dwell on his end, it brings nothing but pain, instead think of how strong he was in life, how much joy and happiness he found in a world that that is often cruel and without pity. A world that woul d have robbed him of teh the 4 years he did have on this earth. But he found you, and that is all that sweet boy ever needed, and you made his life complete.
He would be teh last one to want you to be so sad rememebering him. He found simple joys in his world, he loved the life he was given, and he would want for you to go on and do the same. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go.
He lives on through you now. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. So go forward into the future, knowing his love is held securely in your loving heart, and spread that legacy he left you. Let the sunshine of more love help it grow and spread, not be stunted by the darkness of grief.
My heart goes out to you,I know how much their physical presence leaves a hole in our lives. It takes a long time to fill that hole, to heal a broken heart. But with the help,of those who understand, and the comfort of those who love you, it will get better in time. You will build a new life's plan and he will be right there with you, helping you along the way, with your precious memories of a sweet boy who shared your life's journey for a while and made it a better place to be....Take care....RIP dear Troy. You will never be forgotten, you will be dearly missed. You will be forever at peace knowing that you will always carry a special love in your heart, the heart of a lion. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is a tough one, so sad but at the same time so so sweet....he had a short life but you made it WONDERFUL for him, he was happy with you and loved you and he is just fine now just fine, he can see and is healthy and very, very happy but he was happy with you here too.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry that you lost your little friend, but he is fine now, God Bless you for taking such good care of him.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking care of this boy. You gave him the best 4 years of his life. He did not probably know he was blind, because he was filled with love by you and your family.

You are now free, Troy. Free from the physical limitations that you used to bear in this earth. I am so sure you are now amazed with the many colors and sights that you once were not able to see. Now you are reborn in this endless fields of grass, blooms and rainbows. Go run! You will be missed greatly. You were so loved, and will forever be by your human/s.

Now I need my tissue. :(

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your darling Troy. You gave him such love and a wonderful home. He is now at the Bridge looking at all the bright colors and
getting to know so many others who have gone before him.

Hugs,

Mia :hugs:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to handsome, special boy. You gave him everything in life that every cat should be able to experience. Love, friendship, kindness and a wonderful, safe home. He's safe now at the bridge. He's whole and healthy. He's holding you in his heart and will watch over you until the day comes when you are reunited. Death is not an ending. It's how life hits the pause button. When we meet our loved ones again, the pause is lifted and things continue. He's with his siblings and his mama again and They love you too for taking care of him. RIP Troy. You will always be loved and never forgotten

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your beautiful tribute to Troy cut my breath off, I couldn't breathe and tears started coming down!

You did something marvellous, something that few people in the world would have done.
You gave a life to a cat that wouldn't have had one, you gave a home to cat that could have been homeless, you gave love to a cat that could have died alone and sad.
You loved him regardless of his issues, and thanks to you he never realized he had issues. His life was perfect like every other cat's because you were his world.

You are a hero!

RIP Troy, now the world around you is full of colors!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss! You will see your beloved Troy when it is your time. Until then please know that his short life did help other people know the joys of adopting blind cats.

As someone with a degenerative disease I stopped viewing my body as myself almost 20 years ago. Instead I view it more as a broken down beat up old car I’m locked in until I reach my destination. Something tells me your baby viewed it in similar terms and is glad to be free. I hope thought brings you a small amount of comfort.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the poem helps bring you peace. We all feel guilty when we put our ‘babies’ to sleep but we do it out of love for them. :alright:
5AAAC001-32D3-4DC4-8461-30FF3D389339.jpeg
I hope this meme/cute poem brings a small smile to your face. I’m still telling my teen kitty he has some mighty big paw prints to fill ;) sometimes I just tell him I miss his ‘Uncle’ Dante so much. If you have a cat handy or you can borrow one for a few minutes, I have found it very therupatic to pet my kitten while I tell him how much I miss my beloved Dante.
B95A1726-93A9-483B-A89E-F5CA8D1182A8.png
:vibes::grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This whole thread is so so sad but so so heartwarming at the same time, oh man.......:bawling2: :alright: :rbheart:
Indeed it is....but so many comforting words...and beautiful poems.

danteshuman danteshuman : thank you so much for those poems! I feel so much better knowing that Troy passed peacefully, snuggled against my chest until the sedative relaxed him into sleep and that his spirit flew as my fingertips scritches and I bent over the table, holding him to the last. I buried him next to my disabled daughter's companion cat Christy - a very high honor - and gave him a set of globe solar lights that change colors and blink far into the night, until a new dawn takes over shining brightly.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Troy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

No, four years is not enough time...but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. That said, where there is Love, there is an eternity, for love does not die, it simple changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides.

Can Troy see rainbows now? OH YES, and he can see colors that we only dream of! In the still, quiet hours, open the Eyes of your Heart, and you will see Troy, his eyes whole and healed and healthy, gazing at you with Love, and with gratitude, and with Joy that we only dream about.

+Jeffrey+

Lady G. & Kobe (Gone But Not Forgotten!)
Young Cat
Purraise
Very sorry for your loss. And thank you very much for giving this beautiful little fellow such a loving home. He needed you, and you gave him 4 wonderful, loving years of life! You're an amazing person!

And those lights are beautiful! I was thinking about doing something similar around my dear Lady G.'s grave.

Wishing you the very best during this difficult time.