Goodbye, Elvis, The Girl Cat...

Jludwick78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I said goodbye to my sweet baby Elvis today. Her name started as a nickname due to her sideburns and she became that name.

She made it to 18 and was the greatest animal I’ve ever known. She had respiratory issues and I just couldn’t let her get to the point of suffering worse than she already was, which was close.

It’s the hardest day of my life. I loved that cat more than anything in the world. Every single night she cuddled on the couch with me and followed me to bed and slept in the exact same spot next to my pillow. She was a total creature of habit.

I rescued her in 2002 at the age of 1 from neglect and gave her the best life ever. I know she loved me for it. Right up until her last breath she was cuddling me and showing her love.

I’m not sure how to move on. I’m a crying wreck. RIP Elvis, I’ll never forget you, buddy! ❤

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Elvis, babydoll, you fulfilled your catly duties of loving your human to the utmost degree, and then you were given the greatest, most difficult gift ever, of compassion and unselfish love.

RIP Elvis sweetie, you are now in a place of eternal peace and warm sunshine :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How beautiful your Elvis was.

Keep in mind this, she would have never got to 18 if it wasn't for you. You saved her life and filled it with more love she could ask for.
You were there for her very single day, she was there for you likewise, you made yourselves complete each other, and one day your paths will cross again, never to part.
You'll spend the eternity on a soft pillow again, and no respiratory issue will ever keep you from whispering love words each other.

RIP Elvis.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodbye, Elvis. I am certain you know how deep you were loved (and still is) by your human. You will be missed everyday by the family that loved you.

Jludwick78 Jludwick78 I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find consolation from every happy memory you and Elvis shared together. She is eternally grateful for your love, friendship and companionship. Hang in there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
18 is a long, good life for a little one. It is a tribute to the wonderful care and love she received. 18 years is also a long, good time to have her in your life, and now she is no longer physically there and you are lost without her. We all get used to routines, and these times are one of the hardest habits to break. Our minds will constantly wander to our old routines and life, it is so hard to learn a new life's order without them in it. Time is the only thing that helps us to rearrange our life's order, and time will soften the sharp edge of grief. Although your precious girl now follows a new path on her life's journey after sharing yours for so long, she will continue to parallel your own until the end of your own. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers because her love is a part of your very soul. It is spiritual, so eternal. There is room in your soul for endless loves, each one unique and irreplacable, as different as snowflakes. So do not be afraid to open your heart again, life is meant to be lived fully and with joy, And that is because she taught you the true meaning of what it means, and would welcome love and the happiness it brings to add to her own and help it grow.
My heart goes out to you, you have my thoughts and prayers. It helps to share your burden of grief with others who understand, it helps to know you are not alone. Take each day one day at a time, try not to dwell on the past, because it is not to be changed, or the future, because it is not for us to see. Take each day as it is, and make it as you want. The love your sweet Elvis had for you makes each day one filled with wonder and joy, one to be grateful for and fully lived, because that is exactly what you would want for her if you were thr first to go, that is what true love is......RIP precious Elvis. you will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that face, I wanted to reach through the computer screen and hug and kiss it, what a sweetheart! I am so so very sorry that you lost your beloved little friend, it is one of the hardest things that we ever have to endure in this life, it is the price that we pay for loving them and being their owners, but as hard as it is to deal with the pain we all know deep down that it is worth it and we would do it all again if we could. She and you had a wonderful life together, neither has any regrets, the only regret is that you don't have her anymore and I understand, I know when Sylvester passes I will be a wreck too, I just am crazy about the little guy and his antics, how he follows me like a dog, how cute he is etc. but I know too that day will come, but we do the best that we can with what we have and enjoy the time together and you two will meet again one day and it will be wonderful.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, we are here for you, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Elvis, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Such a lovely, long life she had with you...but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough...but now, you have an eternity. Because this is the Deepest Truth that I know...love does not die, it only changes form, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, love abides. Although you miss her physical form desperately, please know that her Love is with you still.