Good luck vibes please!! Another job interview...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just graduated from college, then went on a trip to Bulgaria, and now I'm back home and looking for a job. I have about 4 interviews already scheduled, but the one today pays the most and is at a really good location, so I would loove to have this job!! It's for a human resource position. I just keep thinking about what the other candidates are like and how I would compare to them and I am driving myself crazy!!
I've also gained a little weight and my self esteem has gone down a bit, so I am trying so hard not to let that show and to look very very confident at the interview...
I am preparing for it right now, and I think I can do well because I have lots of things I have to say about why I want the job...It's just a matter of not getting too nervous, to a point where I can't make full sentences lol...I want to sound articulate and professional...
So vibes would be greatly appreciated!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck! Sending lots of that you do very well on the interview and that you get the job!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll do great, honey--just go in believing in yourself.
Sending loads of "hire me!" vibes your way

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Much, much luck to you in this interview, hun!!! Just stay positive and believe in the great person you are
. Vibes for the job

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think this is a good sign? He asked me to call him back and tell him the pros and cons of working for them???
I want the job it's kind of duhh

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds a little strange, but yeah, I'd say it's a good sign that he wants more info from you. Still sending those "hire me!" vibes your way

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Do you guys think this is a good sign? He asked me to call him back and tell him the pros and cons of working for them???
I want the job it's kind of duhh
Sounds like he's checking for a couple of things:
1) Making sure you are fully aware of all that the job entails and really want this particular job (a legitimate concern in today's economy);
2) Getting a feel for your analytical and perhaps research skills; and
3) Testing your presentation and articulation under stress skills.

I'd suggest conducting some research on the company. Since this is an HR job, you could take a look at the career advancement statistics for women in this organization, among other things. Also, compare this job to your "perfect" job and analyze the similarities and differences.

Remember to either turn the negatives into positives (can be tricky, but it's an effective example of your abilities), or to have a clear plan in place to mitigate their impact.

Best of luck to you!

AC

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'm late - my internet has been down since last Thursday. Sounds like there is interest in you and they've asked you a very open ended question to get a better sense of what motivates you.

Sending mega that you land the job!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Calling you back is a very good sign. It means he's interested in you enough to find out more about you. Good luck!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and it could just be another part of the interview he likes to add, like a little test
, just go with it and be yourself. I hope
this job comes through for you.