Good jobs for crazy cat lady's??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catfamily7995

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I checked out the website today, I liked it alot and watched the videos. I'd love to really have my own business like that, or pet grooming, or both. Who knows. Did you like doing the petsitting? Also, thank you for giving me a website to look into. I wanna put my self as many steps ahead as possible! It's funny, I started this forum with nothing in mind, and hardly any inspiration and all of you helped change that. So thank you!!

catfamily7995

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!!! I got an interview at petsmart on Friday!!!!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats and good luck!

I think a pet store or rescue job/volunteer opportunity is a great learning experience, and you'll deal with a variety of people and conditions from great pet owners to some less-than-stellar. It can be a lesson in patience and tact, and it can be frustrating, but you also have the chance to educate people and help them become better pet owners, and you'll in turn gain a lot of insight!

equestrian06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Re: survey tests

Those are based to find competitive, driven people who want to stick with a company and work their way up. The dog eat dog world businesses are now.

Trust me, I used to be hesitant about those and be totally honest - I'm competitive and driven but not to the point that I'm going to throw a fit if I'm not recognized for something I did well (which I feel is a poor trait anyway)... But after never getting calls from places I knew I was well qualified for - I started filling out surveys as if I was highly competitive and overconfident.

"I get very upset if my good job goes unnoticed"
"Yes I crave recognition for a job well done"
"I can see myself running this company in ten years"
"I work well with people BUT I am a great leader"
(Who really thinks when they're applying as cashier at petsmart that they will hold an executive chair in ten years?? Right!)

But those are the answers they want. And it's not individual managers that screen those results... Typically if you don't meet a certain percentage of the criteria the company wants, the store manager will never even see your application.

Try a couple that way... If you oops, you can reapply in a few months and it will just look as if your views have changed.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Nice one @Catfamily7995  .  Roll on Friday, we will all be routing for you I think so believe in yourself and show them what a wonderful person you would be for them to hire.  
 Well done, you can bet they had heaps of applications and you must look like you have what they are looking for.

catfamily7995

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awh shucks! you guys are so awesome thank you so much for all the support, I can't even begin to express how grateful I am, and how much it means to me.

I've noticed that as well. It's like honesty get's you no where, and I am a firm believer honesty is most important. I swear I've applied to 8 thousand places over the past year, and this is the only call back I've gotten. I was frustrated and beginning to give up hope. The dollar store right down the road, (which i visit at least 2-3 times a week) has a "now hiring" sign every 3 weeks. I've applied countless times and NOTHING.

No one is ever happy there, and I'm like....But I can bring so much personality to the table :( not the place for me I suppose.

I do need a lesson in patience though.