Glow in the dark collar/tag

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do glow in the dark collars work? I’m thinking of buying my mom’s indoor/outdoor cat one so he shows up better. He currently has reflective collars, I bought him a multipack. No I do not live with her, I have zero say about him roaming the neighborhood. He is microchipped, neutered, vaccinated & 5 years old.

Nick, the house panther
F768B04F-A2DC-49C0-A5CF-0D2132EE0E73.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's my understanding they do work so far as making them more visible to cars and strangers. But be wary of LED collars since they're battery powered in case her cat chews on it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last I looked at them they didn't make break away collars. However, you could buy a break away collar and sew or use Velcro to attach some of the glow in the dark collar to the collar. I did it for our dog, but used enough to cover the whole collar which made it stiff. So, that's a consideration.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No to battery operated collars or tags. I will look for a break away glow in the dark collar.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought these collars for my indoor cats. They are not super bright but certainly glow enough for me to be able to find them at night, and they are breakaway. I've been surprised how well they work since they're so inexpensive.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from reading the reviews on the collars in betsygee betsygee 's post, I would suggest feeling the inside the of collar for sharp bits and smoothing with scissors/sandpaper, whichever works. And as always with break away collars test and see if you can do it easily.

I wish they'd had these when SG was a kitten, but nope. Now getting a collar on her... well, it's easier to get her in the carrier.