Global Corporate Challenge - Anyone participiate in this or other similar employee heatlh challenges

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every Spring for the past few years the company I work for offers all employees the opportunity to participate in a health challenge, called the Gobal Corporate Challenge

https://www.gettheworldmoving.com/ It's completely voluntary. You form a team of 7 and go on a 100 day virtual journey around the world, aiming for 10,000 steps a day which is tracked with a pedometer thing and you can track your own progress and the team's via an online account and how the team is doing compared to other teams within the company and with other companies. It sounds fun so this year I got a team together to do the challenge

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the team motivated during the challenge?
I was thinking of maybe a weekly team encouragement email and maybe a prize of some sort for whomever walks the most during a week. I think the team should establish some rules before the challenge starts in May, like no placing the extra pedometer (we get two) on the dog or BF / DH

Has anyone participated in something similar at work or at school or just on their own? Do you think the claims of reduced stress, improved productivity, etc are true?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe my dad workplace has something simliar. Yes i think the claims are true and there are studies on it.

Did you know looking at cat photos can increase productivity. Naps can also reduced stress and increase productivity, if you work at Google you can take naps

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our insurance company at work has some kind of a walking program that you sign up for online; I think it's called Walking Works, something like that. I guess you can get prizes for distances and such. I didn't sign up for it, so I can't say what it's going to be like. One of my GFs (our admin asst) went to a meeting, signed up and got a pedometer.....she's already complaining that the pedometer isn't catching all her steps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we get virtual prizes for certain milestones reached during the challenge. I have to reread the info and reigstration web site.

10,000 steps a day should be easy enough during the week. Being on your feet and constantly walking is part of the job, more so for two members of the team because they have to go between 3 different buildings spread out over an area of a couple blocks every day. I'm open to any suggestions on how to keep the team motivated during this challenge