Give me your opinion in this poll...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cubes with the table
The cubes alone

I just received these faux leather fold-up storage ottomans that I will use as a table in my living room. My other table was just too big. Anyway I had a glass table top and have put it on these two cubes, give me your opinion what looks better, the cubes alone or with the glass added on top.

Here are the cubes:

Here they are with the glass on top of them:

This is the storage area which I really love and these are in the chestnut color which does go well with my end tables:

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like just the cubes because it will be easier to access the storage but saying that it does look good with the glass top on it too.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say with the glass on top because then you can set things on there, if it's the ottomans alone it will be really hard to put a drink on top or anything like that...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I say with the glass on top because then you can set things on there, if it's the ottomans alone it will be really hard to put a drink on top or anything like that...
O would say that for every day use the cubes without the glass, if you were to serve drinks on the top then you need the glass to keep the beverages from spilling over

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they look good either way. So in the interest of utility, I'd keep the glass top on them, except of course when you need to get inside the cubes..

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, looks nice both ways --- but I always hesitate over glass. We had a dinette table with a glass top. At that time we had BJ and Tony was a kitten. Came home one day to find glass shattered all over the place. Both cats had apparently jumped on the table, unbalanced it and "kaboom". Luckily neither of the cats were hurt, nothing was damaged --- just an unbelievable cleanup of shattered glass. So just be careful of glass! We found pieces of glass for months and months after that.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the cubes with the glass on top, but I've always had a "thing" for glass coffee tables & the like. I have 3 glass coffee tables in my living room now, and I just love them! They make the living room look "classier" - even though I'm a poor person.

Luckily, I haven't had any problems with the furkids breaking them, but they're pretty well trained to stay off of them. They did break a gorgeous set of glass roses that I had once which I was able to replace: now I keep them locked up in a cabinet so they can't get to those, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kookycats

Carol, looks nice both ways --- but I always hesitate over glass. We had a dinette table with a glass top. At that time we had BJ and Tony was a kitten. Came home one day to find glass shattered all over the place. Both cats had apparently jumped on the table, unbalanced it and "kaboom". Luckily neither of the cats were hurt, nothing was damaged --- just an unbelievable cleanup of shattered glass. So just be careful of glass! We found pieces of glass for months and months after that.
I have had this glass top for quite a while now, it was on another table which I got rid of. Never had a problem with it being glass and Autumn isn't interested in it so I'm good.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I like the cubes with the glass on top, but I've always had a "thing" for glass coffee tables & the like. I have 3 glass coffee tables in my living room now, and I just love them! They make the living room look "classier" - even though I'm a poor person.

Luckily, I haven't had any problems with the furkids breaking them, but they're pretty well trained to stay off of them. They did break a gorgeous set of glass roses that I had once which I was able to replace: now I keep them locked up in a cabinet so they can't get to those, too.
I love glass table tops too, my dining table is also glass. You're right, they do seem more classy and fancy :-)

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the table with the cats I usually have on it plus there is a real kitty sitting in the background

Thanks for your comments.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that glass top is not tempered glass, you are taking a risk you may not have thought about. My husband fell backwards through our glass top coffee table. It was thick glass and the shards of glass were dangerously large. I am so thankful to God that a piece of it didn't seriously injure him. I will never have a glass top coffee table again.

I like it better without anyways.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They are more functional without the glass. But it looks better with the glass.
The glass is not heavy so I can just lift it off when I want to get into the cube storage area. I haven't put anything into them yet but I will use them for things I don't use often. I can make room in cabinets or closets and store them in the cubes, this was a very good purchase