Gift cards

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Since we haven't been going to restaurants or anything, we have a ton of gift cards that are sitting on my desk: Outback, Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, two for a local pizzeria in town, one for a local brewpub, etc.

I still have the $250 gift card from Sheds Unlimited for the article on their website about the shed.
When I retired, the guys at work, knowing how much I love Trader Joe's, gave me a gift card for $125 from TJ's. It's still on my desk. And that one is burning a serious hole; I'd love to hit TJ's!

Do you have a lot of gift cards laying about that you haven't used?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. The only time I get gift cards is at my birthday. Usually someone at work will give me one for Olive Garden which I give to DD. I'm not a fan of that place.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any, but I gave my parents a gift card for Darden restaurants for Christmas. It's been on their fridge door ever since.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three- one from Barnes and Noble, one from Applebee's, and one from One-eyed Jack's- a local barbecue place.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple with balances like $.57 that I never remember to use but can’t bring myself to throw away and about $15 remaining on a found Starbucks card.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a $25 Legal Seafood gift card that has been sitting in my wallet for at least 10 years :paperbag: I actually work near a Legal Seafood restaurant now so I'll have to drop by and get take out at some point.

EDIT: So the restaurant chain is still closed due to the pandemic. No take out or delivery options :dunno: So the gift card will continue to sit in my wallet until it can be used.

Last edited:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have about $60 in gift cards for a local used record store, a $25 gift card to McDonald's that I won at the beginning of the pandemic, and a $15 Tim Hortons gift card.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have plenty of gift cards I need to use. In January I did go through them all and tried to use up as many as I could online. Someone gave me $100 to lululemon quite a few years ago. It's not a place I shop. I was able to get a hat and scarf for that amount. :rolleyes2: We have a gift card to a restaurant that's about an hour and a half from our house. Yep, had that one for a few years. Most of the ones we have right now are to restaurants and it's been tough to use them when the restaurants have been closed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes - we got several Bed, Bath & Beyond gift cards for our wedding/shower, that I was saving until we moved into a house and had more room, and then we got the house and covid hit, so I haven't used them yet! I should order some things online even if I prefer shopping in the store.