Getting kitten fixed, will his personality change?

doughnutouchme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm taking my kitten ( M ) Jinx to get fixed tomorrow and will have to stay overnight, and pick him up on Friday.

He's an incredibly affectionate cat, he's sleeping on me as I type this. He boops his nose to ours, and headbutts all the time. Super ultra lovey dovey.

He's been this way since we've found him, will his personality change afterwards? Am I just being paranoid or is that something that could happen?

A very worried cat mom right now.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doughnutouchme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found him as a stray and at his first vest appointment they assumed he was 2 months then, so probably around 6 months now.

I'm not having behavioral issues with him, I'm just afraid he won't be as affectionate after.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm taking my kitten ( M ) Jinx to get fixed tomorrow and will have to stay overnight, and pick him up on Friday.

He's an incredibly affectionate cat, he's sleeping on me as I type this. He boops his nose to ours, and headbutts all the time. Super ultra lovey dovey.

He's been this way since we've found him, will his personality change afterwards? Am I just being paranoid or is that something that could happen?

A very worried cat mom right now.
The only change in him will be that he won't be looking for a female to mate and he won't spray to mark territories. Other than that, all things remains the same and maybe he'll be even more affectionate.

Article for you to read :- Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery - TheCatSite

Also a reply to a member I made in this thread post #2 :- Is it infected??

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome!
The medicine they get after surgery makes them extra cuddly! He's likely to go through a rambunctious stage at some point, (most cats do!)but since you're neutering him, it won't be as rambunctious as it could be.
Usually as cats age they become more affectionate.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 boy's different age's and not one of thier personalities changed. My cuddle kittens stayed cuddle cat's. No need to worry if your boy is affectionate now he will be after.