getting a rabbit?

defygravity09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would really like to get a rabbit, but I know that this will upset my cat. He is very clingy and loves attention all the time. He has lived with other cats and one dog before and they get along fine. Also, I have had guinea pigs that have not upset him.I am wondering what you guys think- I would like to get two rabbits so that they will not be lonely and can keep each other company when I am away from home. Do you think it will upset my cat more if I get two rabbits instead of one? I do not want to upset him twice as much.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you think it would upset him, if he's OK with the other animals?

Anyway, I've decided rabbits aren't the pets for me. I don't think we're compatible. Or maybe I got defective bunnies :lol3: (of course I know it's my fault, they just would need SO much attention to make them tame!). So make sure that's what you really want. They're high-maintenance if you want them to be good pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

defygravity09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it would upset him because it would make him feel replaced. I have been wanting to get a rabbit (or two?) for awhile now but I love my cat too and don't want to make him upset. I am hoping to socialize them and help them become friends, but I just wanted some other opinions.

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had small animals with a cat before (two guinea pigs)  and my cat loved to watch them!  You cat will not feel "replaced" if you still spend time loving, petting and being with him too.  I don't recommend ignoring him as soon as you get your rabbits, but I doubt you would.  I have another friend that had a cat and a rabbit together and they were fine too.  I think you'll be fine.  It can be done no problem. 

lovingmycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a really clingy cat but he does just fine around my rabbits