Get that tail!

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can be such goofballs.

I once observed Willy watching a bird out the window, and the tip of his tail was quivering, as it always does when he sees something interesting outside. But he had his tail wrapped around to the front of his body, so it was also in his field of view.

He kept getting distracted from watching the bird by noticing the quivering motion of his tail. But when he'd shift his gaze towards his tail, it would stop moving. Then he'd notice the bird again, and look at the bird, while his tail would start quivering again. He kept going back and forth like that, his head zipping up and down over and over, getting increasingly agitated the whole time.

Eventually he grabbed and bit down on his own tail, which set off a zoomie-explosion in my living room for the next 15 minutes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our beloved angel Suha had an episode of feline hyperesthesia for some unknown reason. She'd chase, grab, bite, and growl at that appendage. This was when she was a mature adult, and it didn't last long, thankfully. I'll never know why she did this.
Elvis doesn't chase his tail, but I can usually tell when he's miffed, because he switches his tail at me very angrily and stalks off in a huff.
:insertevillaugh::sigh::angrycat::cloudy:*Why, Elvis, WHY???*:bawling:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it would be good for all of us, to have an appendage that communicates our state of emotion to everyone around us. Maybe there'd be fewer misunderstandings that way.
I've always just thought cat tails are beautiful. I saw something on the net several years back that some company in Japan was making cat ears and tails for humans to wear, that were robotic to some extent in that they moved expressively.
Elvis just jumped up on my lap and is looking at me pensively. I don't think he wants me to get those. :sigh: