Get Me Into Rehab!!!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any jigsaw puzzlers out there? I love them and I'm ssooooooooo addicted. I just got a new one of barn cats and it's 1500 pieces. I can't pull myself away from the darn thing. I was late for work this morning for the first time in 13 years cuz I was putting my border together!!! And 2 days ago Bella jumped up on the table and a piece must have got stuck to one of her paws--I found it this morning--in the litterbox!! No, it wasn't part of her deposit, it just fell off her paw while she was digging. Well, it was the piece I was looking for, so I just blew it off and put it in place.
Do I need an intervention?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never could figure out the appeal of puzzles myself. I've never found them particularly interesting and seem to have a lot more trouble putting them together than the average person does.
My main hobby has always been reading, to which I've lost many hours of sleep over the years and helped contributed to my eye problems.

Do you have anything to put over your puzzle to protect it when you're not around? And do you ever put them on a backing and frame them to hang up?

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went on a road trip from CO to Nebraska last month to help my SIL pack her mom up (she owns a motel and has had back problems, decided to sell the motel). I think packing her puzzles took the majority of our time.
I think she had at least a hundred of them, and even has a jar with lost pieces in case she ever figures out which box they go in.

I do like to do puzzles, but I don't do them often. I lose patience and get frustrated!! I'm more of a sudoku/crossword puzzle kinda girl...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm useless at jigsaw puzzles, no patience for them.

However I work with a young developmentally disabled woman who does them. She is 30 years old, "broad spectrum autism", seizure disorder, emotionally and mentally aged 3 years old, but she does a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle in a week or less, then picks it all up and does another. She can't learn to tie her shoes, but she does these puzzles.

I like crossword puzzles, and often keep the Scrabble board out and just play against myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I'm useless at jigsaw puzzles, no patience for them.

However I work with a young developmentally disabled woman who does them. She is 30 years old, "broad spectrum autism", seizure disorder, emotionally and mentally aged 3 years old, but she does a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle in a week or less, then picks it all up and does another. She can't learn to tie her shoes, but she does these puzzles.

I like crossword puzzles, and often keep the Scrabble board out and just play against myself.
I grew up on Scrabble and crosswords. Those were my mom's favorite things. We would have Scrabble marathons. She was extremely smart and it was a challenge to beat her.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have not done a proper "adult" jigsaw in years but i do kid ones every day at work (i work in a nursery) and i am good at them

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to do them and have tried on occasion, but unfortunately Twig thinks he needs to sit right where I am doing them and knock the pieces off the table by swishing his tail. I've pretty much given up doing them, although I'd love to do one someday..

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Are there any jigsaw puzzlers out there? I love them and I'm ssooooooooo addicted. I just got a new one of barn cats and it's 1500 pieces. I can't pull myself away from the darn thing. I was late for work this morning for the first time in 13 years cuz I was putting my border together!!! And 2 days ago Bella jumped up on the table and a piece must have got stuck to one of her paws--I found it this morning--in the litterbox!! No, it wasn't part of her deposit, it just fell off her paw while she was digging. Well, it was the piece I was looking for, so I just blew it off and put it in place.
Do I need an intervention?
OMG thanks for the laugh, when you said you found the puzzle piece in the litter box, I LOL. So typical of our kits

I haven't done a puzzle in many years, now I lost my patience to even try again.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love jigsaw puzzles, but have not had the time to do one for years. I have one that is a coiled up Chinese dragon that hangs in my living room. I liked it so much I had it custom framed. I did 2 of a series that I mounted on wood and had them hanging in my house for a long time until my daughter talked me out of them. They were round and quite a challenge.
I think you should enjoy the ones you do, but maybe throw a sheet over them to keep kitty feet off them.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love jigsaw puzzles! I just don't have anywhere to put them together. For awhile, I was doing small puzzles (500 pieces) at work on my desk, but don't have the time anymore. A lot of people were doing these puzzles!