George

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought i posted George's death here but i can't find it here

It was March 10. George, the cat i fostered for my friend, just dropped dead. He was only 8 years old. He came from my bedroom, jumped up on a container near my computer. I was scratching his cheek and then he fell over and died. Of course I freaked. Called my friend asap but nothing could be done. I think it was cardiomyopathy or a massive stroke. He never would have made it to an emergency vet since it's 45 minutes away. It was just a few minutes and he was gone. I still miss him so much. He was such a wonderful, friendly cat.

Kathy
George 8.JPG
0918162027a.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he had you near to give him that last moment of pleasure and comfort, it always breaks my heart to have someone alone at the end of life. Something that sudden and with no symptoms does indeed sound like a problem with the heart.
He wormed his way into your heart, his friendliness and wonderful personality will stay in your memories forever. Remember he would never want to bring sadness to those he loved, it was just not in him. Try not to dwell on the end, but remember how much happiness and love he brought for a while into your life. Having that beautiful boy in your life was for a reason, to never have met him would have been tragic.
Thank you for letting us know of George, he deserves to be known and mourned by many. Years from now, when you think of him, let it lift your heart and fill it with joy, as he would want for those he held close. The tears fall now, because the loneliness and emptiness without him is a fresh cut to your heart. But time will heal the wound and his memory will never leave you, the bond you have will tie you to him and what he brought into your life. Take care.......RIP beautiful George, you will never be forgotten and will be held dearly in hearts that loved you. Sleep now, sweet prince, in that special spot of sun reserved for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Your friendly face will be sorely missed, the love you left behind will never leave.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh poor George!

I'm so sorry to hear he passed away suddenly like that. He was lucky to be at home, surrounded by the people he loved.

Rest In Peace George.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear of this, it is horrible but at least he went fairly peacefully and did not suffer, and you were there to see what happened, if you would have been away from him and come in to see him dead it would have been horrible with you wondering what had happened to him, at least this way you saw it and yes it probably was his heart to be so sudden like that. So sorry to hear of this passing, may your heart heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your darling George. He was lovely, very sweet-looking.

I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs,

Mia

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, George, dream you deep. Your life meant much.

SIGH...such an odd way to go, but...I hope mine is as swift and painless as his seems to have been.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Thanks Di and Bob. What you wrote was comforting. God i miss him. It was so sudden that he never experienced any pain or suffering which is good and i hope i go that way.

Kathy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing George. You were a blessing to him. Yes, you are so right, that such a an easy end for George was another blessing.

cataan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George looks like he was part Turkish Van. I had a cat that looked like George. One morning the GF and I took him to the vet because something was very wrong -- he didn't want breakfast (that was a big deal), was very reticent, very uncomfortable. Turned out he had thrown a clot that lodged in a front leg. We were told to euthanize him but we saved his life (5 days in the ER to dissolve the clot -- but the diagnosis was HCM). He went on cardiac meds and, after 16 months, had to be euthanized as his heart deteriorated to the point that medication no longer helped. I can tell you, sadly, that his last 24 hours were not good; in fact the last 12 were miserable and I wish we had euthanized him the day before. He was so sad, so uncomfortable, essentially drowning in his own plasma as it leaked into his lungs since his heart couldn't beat fast enough to move it through the pulmonary system. Certainly you are sad, losing George was terrible, but his death, though unexpected, seems to be largely pain free. At least for that we can be thankful.

cataan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not only do George and Flash look like they could have been brothers, but I have that very same futon, and Flash loved laying on it too! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually cataan it's a couch with a cover on it. I've heard we all have a twin somewhere on earth. I guess that goes for animals too.I don't know what breed or mix he was but he was such a friendly, big cat

Kathy

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss and for your friend's loss too.
Experiences like this can leave a mark in our minds, but you were there for him in the last moment and he went away with the warmth of a cuddle, without the fear that other cats might have in their last minutes.
RIP beautiful George! :(