Gah! Now I'm Roasting!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day I was so cold in my apartment that my fingers and toes were turning blue from the cold. After writing a letter to the agency and copying it to the health department, asking them when they were going to turn the heat on in my building, I finally have heat.

It took a couple of days for the heat to take full effect, but now I'm roasting!
However, it's as it should be.

Since I've lived here I've never had to turn my thermostat on, because the natural heat coming from the steam heat baseboard rads and the heat from the apartments below me, are more than enough to keep my apartment at a comfortable level. In fact, I tend to have to open my living room and bedroom windows about 2 inches for most of the winter in order to let some of the heat out, especially if I'm cooking or doing laundry.

But I must say that my kitties are all loving the warmth! Katie is in the corner under the end table laying against the radiator basking in the warmth. Those poor things with their fur coats, seemed colder than I was earlier this week!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, well I'm glad the heat is on anyway, like you said, you can open windows if you need to. I hate the cold so much, so I would always prefer to be too warm than too cool. But that's just me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it depends on where I am. At work I prefer cooler because I can always put layers on if I'm too cold. At home I prefer warmer because I can always open the window... and take layers off.