FYI Fishing email "from" Chewy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I just got an email where "somebody" tried to order dog food from Chewy using my account. I called Chewy right away and they said that their customers are starting to get hammered by fishing emails. My actual account does not have the dog food in the Orders list. But just to be on the safe side, I changed all my passwords associated with Chewy.

Thought you might like to know. Be aware.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a computer (not necessarily on a phone or tablet), you can see the actual return address to the right of the Bold Face who-it's-from field.

Return Address Example.png

You should always check this field on any email that sounds suspicious. Also, never click on a link in a suspicious email, and never call any phone numbers contained in such an email. You handled it exactly right, Winchester Winchester , calling Chewy directly to double check. It was also an excellent idea to change your password at Chewy; it was probably unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

Margret

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not gotten one from Chewy; but I am always getting a fake PayPal Bill... Immediately know it is fake because I have not used PayPal in at least 10 years!!

Yes, Margret Margret is so correct. I always look at the sender address.
This morning, I got one a Valentine invitation from Sam's Club. I am not a member, never been to one.
Not sure about this one--since I am a Walgreens member... The sender was from England... so I put it in my spam file.

Amazon, also has a lot of phishing emails going around. I know what I order, so I just deleted them.. I go on my Amazon account, and check to see my orders. I used to call the credit card company for all of it... but now I just check things out myself.

I was told that the "Phishers" start off with smaller, odd amounts. If you fall for it, then they go higher.. It is a trap...