Fuzzy

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried Fuzzy, an online 24/7 pet care advice website? What was your experience?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
It looks like there are two sites, one is fuzzy .com and the other is yourfuzzy . com ?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded yet (oops, posting the same time as Furballsmom Furballsmom ). Did you do a search on 'reviews' (outside of their web site)? Maybe even check their business credentials? There are a ton of alternative options, but I am not sure any one of them are going to be near as reliable as an actual vet. Any particular reason you are wanting to go this route?
24/7 Online Vet Appointments - Ask a Vet - Vetster
Talk to a Vet online now (askaveterinarianonline.com)
Online Vet (vet-emergency24-7.com)
JustAnswer Any Vet Chat Basic (petinfosource.com)
Best Online Veterinarians: Get A Personal Consultation At Home (caninejournal.com)
Petcube Launches an Online Veterinarian Service

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the middle of nowhere and my only local vet is a traveling vet. The other one closed down due to lack of sensible housing prices for vets or anyone. Just thought it might be great, esp as it’s 24/7, but sounds as if from your advice, who knows who the heck they are, really?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I wouldn't trust online vet advice web sites because you have no idea if the person responding to your questions is a real licensed vet.

Chewy.com does have an online vet service that is more reputable than some random web site found on Google. Connect With a Vet - Free Online Vet Chat | Chewy It's best only for non-urgent / non-emergency care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I wouldn't trust online vet advice web sites because you have no idea if the person responding to your questions is a real licensed vet.

Chewy.com does have an online vet service that is more reputable than some random web site found on Google. Connect With a Vet - Free Online Vet Chat | Chewy It's best only for non-urgent / non-emergency care.
Also, honestly, the more I looked at it the more it seemed like a kind of Chewy knockoff! Thanks all! 😃

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have never used Fuzzy, but my overall experience with any phone/online medical help was that it was not that helpful. At one time the human version of these helplines was attached to my medical insurance, so I called once in a while. Same for trying a couple of online vets....they don't want to be sued, among other things, so always pull up short of any real medical advice that you can use at home.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got a Chewy insert with my last order and it notes that the Chewy vets can't prescribe any medications. So if your cat needs a level of care that might entail meds, Chewy vets won't be as helpful as you want, I think.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
huh, I just saw a television ad for Fuzzy and it states "licensed vets, curated products" and is offering a free 7 day trial.

Margot Lane Margot Lane I liked the suggestion above of checking with your housecall vet and see what they think, either about online veterinary services and/or alternatives :)