Furever My Best Friend

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
57FA33A5-4834-452C-B4E7-4199EDC84468.jpeg Cinnamon,
Thank you for finding me Thanksgiving night. I am thankful I had you as my fur baby for seven months. You were a good friend. Thank you for always being there for me when I got home from school. My second graders always loved hearing stories about you. You brought laughter and joy to my classroom. Thank you for your warm hugs and staying close to me as I slept. Thank you for looking at me through eyes of love. I knew I was loved. I hope you know how much I loved you. You will be forever missed. I love you, baby Cinnamon. Rest in love until we meet again.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, what happened if I may ask? No time is ever long enough but 7 months is way too short....I am so sorry that you lost your friend.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, I hope your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless........:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, what happened if I may ask? No time is ever long enough but 7 months is way too short....I am so sorry that you lost your friend.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, I hope your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless........:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you so much!
Cinnamon was expecting and was 45 days into her pregnancy. I knew she was expecting but I had no idea how far along she was. I thought she had started going into labor late Saturday night because she had started bleeding which stopped and later started back and stopped. She seemed okay Sunday. I watched her signs and counciled with my friend who is a veterinarian’s assistant on Monday. I was about to take her to my friend and her vet the day he got very ill (Monday) and was sent to bed by his doctor. I waited, watched, and prayed. I had all my friends and family praying. I had to leave her to help my daughter who lives out of town with her two babies. I talked with my friend and we decided to give her something to calm and help with any pain. Her vet was able to get this for us. I stopped by her office on my way home. This did help her and she was better. She talked with me and purred as I loved her. I was encouraged. We decided Tuesday something was seriously wrong and with the help of friends on the cat site. She had already bled a lot and her contractions had started early Tuesday and she had lost her mucus plug. I rushed her to a vet out of town. He’s a wonderful vet and is very loving. He was very concerned. She had very high fever (103) and was jaundiced. He did an X-ray and there were no skeletons. He started an IV and antibiotics. He was pretty pleased with her blood work panels but her blood count was low. They did an ultrasound and that revealed the pregnancy. The next day (Wednesday) her fever was down and her jaundice was some better. He decided to perform the hysterectomy to relieve her body of the stress. She survived the surgery but stopped breathing later. He couldn’t revive her. He did his best. Her babies were jaundiced as well. He’s doing tests to see what was wrong with her. He said she had other sinister things going on besides the pregnancy. The X-ray revealed her organs weren’t quite right. They looked out of place, misshapen and enlarged. I’m beating myself up for not taking her sooner. Telling you our story has helped me. Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry this had to happen, some things cannot be foreseen and to lose a loved one so young and vibrant is tragic. You did your best, she knows you loved her and did what you could. The bond you formed with that precious girl can never be taken from you and her memory will live on as long as you carry her in your heart.Her new path will forever parallel your own, she will never be far from your side. I cry with you for losing one so loved.
Please accept my heartfelt condolences and know I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care......RIP beautiful Cinnamon. You will never be forgotten, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry this had to happen, some things cannot be foreseen and to lose a loved one so young and vibrant is tragic. You did your best, she knows you loved her and did what you could. The bond you formed with that precious girl can never be taken from you and her memory will live on as long as you carry her in your heart.Her new path will forever parallel your own, she will never be far from your side. I cry with you for losing one so loved.
Please accept my heartfelt condolences and know I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care......RIP beautiful Cinnamon. You will never be forgotten, you will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you so very much for your beautiful words! I will remember them always and tuck them safely inside my heart. I won’t be sad for long when I remember them and the love you sent my way. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. I need them. I believe God loves all his creatures and I will see Cinnamon again. I believe Jesus makes all things new. Randy Alcorn speaks of this in his book Heaven. It’s a must read. I know God does everything for a reason. Sometimes it’s hard and we just have to trust him. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28 You have ministered to me, friend and I thank God for you. May you be blessed with love, peace, joy and grace.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. May God bless you too and help you through this. You have my prayers, and Cinnamon too. It really helps to lean on Someone so much stronger. Please know we are always here if you need someone to talk to!
Thank you! I will!! I’m praying that God use me in any way he needs me. His fur babies need people.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Cinnamon, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Sweetie, whenever we lose a loved one, no matter how many legs they may have had, we think, "If only I had..." But we all do the very best we can with what we know. If Cinnamon appeared to be in good health, there is no reason to kick yourself for not having x-ray vision. I promise you this, love does not die. Ever. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. And Cinnamon's only sorrow in the place where she is now is seeing your grief. She will wait for you, patiently, in that Place where there is no illness, and time has no meaning.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Cinnamon, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Sweetie, whenever we lose a loved one, no matter how many legs they may have had, we think, "If only I had..." But we all do the very best we can with what we know. If Cinnamon appeared to be in good health, there is no reason to kick yourself for not having x-ray vision. I promise you this, love does not die. Ever. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. And Cinnamon's only sorrow in the place where she is now is seeing your grief. She will wait for you, patiently, in that Place where there is no illness, and time has no meaning.
Oh! Thank you so much!!! I so needed to hear your comforting words. Bless you!! I am slowly coming to terms with everything that has taken place. My friend who is the veterinarian assistant who’s vet was sick has helped me again today. She explained a lot about the illness process in cats. It helped. She said sometimes you just can’t save them. Today, my husband, built a box for her and I had already talked to her all the way home today. He put her beside my canna lilies. She’s in a good spot. You’re right about love!! I will continue to love and Cinnamon’s love abides in me and mine in her forever and ever!! I will see her again. Love, Peace, Grace and Joy to you!!

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you and I want to thank EVERYONE for being so amazing!
I am feeling better today. I’ve given myself permission to grieve until Sunday and then I’m going to be happy in knowing I did my very best to take care of this beautiful baby. Dr. Mullins spoke with me today and has relieved me of my guilt. PTL! He said I did nothing wrong and Cinnamon would have died regardless of anything we did. He said looking at everything he believed she had an autoimmune disease and possibly a fungal infection. The pregnancy rushed the disease process and she and the kittens would not have survived. I’m so sad but I have joy knowing I had her for seven months and gave her so much love and care. I’ll see her again one day!! She’s waiting on me and can’t wait to hear all about her adventures! I know right now she’s having fun and not in pain. ❤ I’m remembering all the good days and silly things she did. She brought me so much love, laughter and joy!! Blessings to all of you!! You’ve truly been awesome friends and I couldn’t have made it through this without all of you. In time I’m going to ask God to send me another fur baby to love. I know Cinnamon would want me to do this.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
KitKat, you are right - you WILL see her again! In the meantime, she waits in a place of comfort and peace. Cinnamon knows how much you love her and she doesn't want you to hurt or feel guilt - you gave her your home and your heart. You sound like a beautiful person to us here on TCS, and we don't even know you. Imagine how much more love Cinnamon feels!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A quick word...You've lost a family member, and "deciding" on how long you will grieve may not work. By all means, allow yourself a set time to "wallow" in the grief, but do be aware that it will take as long as it takes to work all the way through this. It may hit you hard out of the blue from time to time after that. Been there. Done that. Wore the tee shirt out, and currently polish the furniture with the rags. But yes, focusing on the joy and unending love will bring you through this better than anything in the world.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
KitKat, you are right - you WILL see her again! In the meantime, she waits in a place of comfort and peace. Cinnamon knows how much you love her and she doesn't want you to hurt or feel guilt - you gave her your home and your heart. You sound like a beautiful person to us here on TCS, and we don't even know you. Imagine how much more love Cinnamon feels!
Awwwww!! Thank you! I’m excited about having new friends that love our feline fur babies.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A quick word...You've lost a family member, and "deciding" on how long you will grieve may not work. By all means, allow yourself a set time to "wallow" in the grief, but do be aware that it will take as long as it takes to work all the way through this. It may hit you hard out of the blue from time to time after that. Been there. Done that. Wore the tee shirt out, and currently polish the furniture with the rags. But yes, focusing on the joy and unending love will bring you through this better than anything in the world.
Thank you so much!! That’s so true! People keep telling me to get over it. You’re right! I will be easy on myself and let myself cry when I need to. ❤