frustrating - why do people think cats are expendable?!?

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

To the OP whose relative went on and on about a cat is not a dog, this is a dog-lover-only mindset that is often never changed. What I find is that cat lovers often love and own dogs and other creatures, but diehard dog lovers are very closed about it the other way around.

My boys most definitely show me and my BF love, but they do it the way CATS do, not dogs.
yeah, that's true.

I am a dog lover, always have been. To me a dog is one of the best animals in the world & I could not picture myself living without one. I'm sure if something would happen between my wife & me I could easily go on with out a woman, but I'd still need a dog.

With that said, I also love my cats. I find myself at various times throughout the day thinking about getting home & picking up my "Purry Papi", Lears. The guy is just so loving, he just sits there in my arms & purrs & purrs.

I mean, it's not a mutually exclusive thing. You can love dogs & cats. It's not like sports where you CAN NOT be a Dolphins fan & a Jets fan

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

To the OP whose relative went on and on about a cat is not a dog, this is a dog-lover-only mindset that is often never changed. What I find is that cat lovers often love and own dogs and other creatures, but diehard dog lovers are very closed about it the other way around.
AddieBee, I notice that too. Supposedly the author of "My Dog Skip" was anti-cat for many years but became pro-cat later in life because of a gift his wife gave him -- a cat who then had kittens. He then wrote a book about his life with Spit McGee (one of the kittens) and the 3 siblings and other cats. We can only hope that can repeat and repeat with other dog-only people.