from toronto area

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HEy just moved to the toronto area i am studying vet tech in my second semester.  Any other techs here? is there an age you think that can  be too old for this profession i am 32 now i just did not like my previous career.  I hope to one day work as a tech in a zoo type place.  For now It is with cats and dogs.

I just have one cat right now a female calico and a german shepherd 4 year old female also. I was thinking of volunteering or something with cat rescue in the area to get some more experience hands on.  I think i am better with cats and small animals than dogs and horses I think because I have seen the damage big dogs can do and my own dog is really strong but i do have a lot of experience with both. But i really love all animals wild and domestic.  Even  snakes and spiders lol

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think 32 is too old at all! I'd rather be old and learning a job I'd enjoy, than staying in a job I hate. Congrats on the decision :)

Volunteering is a great way to get some experience. I'd say go for it!

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
32 is not old at all.  I work for a vet and have done teching in the past, I am 35 years old, we have a tech at the vet I work at who has to be in her 50's, she's actually my favorite tech very compassionate and loving.