Friskies food issue

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had a recent issue with Friskies can beef prime filets cat food? I had ordered 2 cases (24 cans each) in Novembe, 23161161 L2456 2259 and when I opened the cans they didn’t look normal, they were darker in color and my cats wouldn’t eat it…was there any recalls or changes in the ingredients?
i switched to the beef shreds which look ok and my cats will eat. I have over 30 unopened cans that I don’t know what to do with…I wouldn’t want to donate to a shelter if there’s something wrong with it…

thanks in advance.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where did you order them from? If Chewy, contact them and tell them, they will likely refund you; but beyond that it would be best to toss them to be on the safe side. You could also contact Purina and let them know in case they have received any other complaints. There is no current recall for Friskies.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an issue with Purina Pro a few months back and they sent me coupons for the equivalent. However, coupons have to be used in a store. I would suggest contacting Chewy or Amazon if a refund is what you want.

Also, as far as amazon..I order from them , BUT.. my vet practice will not approve ANY food orders for any prescriptions because they say there are so many imposter foods under the disguise of the major labels..knockoffs..that they can't guarantee it is the genuine recipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had contacted Chewy and they gave me credit and I was able to order a replacement for no charge. ill try contacting Purina to see if there was any changes to the ingredients.. Thanks…and I’ll toss them out, wouldn’t want any innocent animal getting sick.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Babypaws Babypaws Please contact the company if you can and report it. Companies really like to know this information as they don't often get told.

Purina sent me coupons for a free food bag, and two $5 off ones just for letting them know that their kitten food bag of dry wasn't chopped enough. (I found some big chunks)

They'll want to know can numbers so they can check against other reports. At least in my country, they took it very seriously.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a similar experience with Fancy Feast. My cat loved the chicken and liver shreds but last spring it disappeared from the shelves for about six weeks. When it came back, it was slightly darker and thicker in texture and she wouldn't touch it.

Probably a reformulation due to an ingredient shortage, and not for the best. Ever since Purina sold out to Nestle I've been trying to wean her off all of the Fancy Feast foods she eats. I don't trust them anymore.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Babypaws Babypaws Please contact the company if you can and report it. Companies really like to know this information as they don't often get told.

Purina sent me coupons for a free food bag, and two $5 off ones just for letting them know that their kitten food bag of dry wasn't chopped enough. (I found some big chunks)

They'll want to know can numbers so they can check against other reports. At least in my country, they took it very seriously.
I contacted them today, waiting for a response.

thanks,
babypaws

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FYI. I heard from Purina and they apologized and told me there was no change in the ingredients. They sent me coupons, one was for $32.00 and two more for $2.99 each. So that was great, I didn’t expect them to be so much but grateful

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FYI. I heard from Purina and they apologized and told me there was no change in the ingredients. They sent me coupons, one was for $32.00 and two more for $2.99 each. So that was great, I didn’t expect them to be so much but grateful
It is a good coupon. However be aware that it is good only for the item you inquired about.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it gives me the option for any Friskies or FF cans.👍