Friendly Furball

Zero0191

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys,

I just went over to a friends house and came across a new kitten they had taken in with them!
It looks so fluffy and cute and I was actually wondering what breed (if it is a breed) this cat is/could be!

It's a she by the way and called Shinobi;

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to TCS. Without a pedigree or DNA test, one can't make any claims, however, Shinobi clearly has a great deal of British Shorthair characteristics, and doubtless has at least one British Shorthair in her direct lineage. What a gorgeous little girl she is !

You can make a comparison here:

British Shorthair kittens - Google Search

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zero0191

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just googled that breed and came across this picture: british-shorthair-cats-and-kittens-1.jpg

That one seems to have a lot shorter hairs. Does that mean that Shinobi would like shed her fur and get that coat afterwards or would that say that it's not a Brit Shorthair?

I'm no cat expert unfortunately ;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TCS. Without a pedigree or DNA test, one can't make any claims, however, Shinobi clearly has a great deal of British Shorthair characteristics, and doubtless has at least one British Shorthair in her direct lineage. What a gorgeous little girl she is !

You can make a comparison here:

British Shorthair kittens - Google Search
I think 1CatOverTheLine is, as usual, spot on. Shinobi is a very nice lookalike to a blue British Shorthair. Shinobi's coat is similar as well, BSH have short, dense fur.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zero0191

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In that case i'm really wondering if Shinobi's coat will turn into the one on the picture, since i actually like that coat even more!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if his coat will change, but he has some serious cuteness!

tee-tee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG, He is so cute, fricken adorable. Does he smell like fluffy kitten?