Friend of Ferals Award Badge - Apply Here

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know where to begin with my own journey that lead to rescuing strays and ferals but it became my lifelong passion as I became very involved with several TNR organizatuons here in South Florida because I just never believed in " release " -I felt if you could capture them then you can also recondition them for living inside or relocating them for working cat programs-so 40 yrs ago I started a reconditioning program at a friend's no kill shelter for " unadoptable ferals" the Sanctuary is quite full but mostly all of our " ex-ferals" get adopted....I'm retired now and have some health issues so I no longer trap or do on site work ( as a certified behaviorist)but I still access and advise for the facility

A year ago I tried very hard to get a 7yr old TNR feral into the sanctuary or a working cat program but no one would take him- he was completely anti social and very aggressive towards other cats- so I took him in myself- into my multi cat household of 4 residents - proving yet again that ANY kitty can be reconditioned into a wonderful housecat- his name is Timmy and he dragged me out of retirement and got himself a forever home( my home).:it was disappointing after 4 decades of helping so many organizations that there was no help for Timmy & I and so I found TCS- I just want to give back the support and encouragement thst I personally received here - it's the perfect podium to share knowledge and experience with fellow friends of ferals and strays-I'm thrilled to still be able to give people hope and support

Thank you for welcoming me into this Community,there's no place I'd rather be