Freya's First Day Out.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I recently moved one of the semi-feral cats I care for up to my house from her spot near my old place down in the village. The neighbour who had been feeding her said her best friend had been hit by a car a few months ago, and without her buddy to stick up for her, Freya was getting bullied. Her brother and sister already live with me, so I'm hoping she's going to fit in with the gang.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago. She'd only been here 24 hours and was already happy to sit on my lap and pose for a selfie.

Today I decided to let her out to explore the enclosure for the first time.

She was a bit wary at first.

I don't think she'd ever seen trees so tall.

Her brother, Henry, kept a close eye on her.

I wonder if she remembers him? They sat close together for quite a while without any hissing.

Here's one of Henry and Freya when they were about 6 months old.

I'm glad I moved her up here, I should have done it months ago. It feels great to have the family back together again.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Awww - those are great shots of Freya (and Henry). She doesn't look very scared, more like she's pondering all the new possibilities that have been opened to her.:lol3:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great, looks like she's glad to be there & settling in well. Looks like she & her brother remember each other. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful pictures!! I agree--Freya looks interested and intrigued at the trees.

I swear she's looking at her brother and thinking "Frank, is that YOU? You've gotten FAT!" And he's looking at her like, "Myrtle? You better not eat all the cookies!!" [emoji]128521[/emoji][emoji]128521[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for all your nice comments.

You're right @MrWhiskers  Henry has put on a bit of weight, hasn't he? He knows where the treat jar is and he can be very persuasive when he wants to be.

Freya seemed to enjoy her adventure yesterday. As soon as she's finished breakfast this morning she ran up to the cat flap and sat there until I opened it for her. (She hasn't worked out how to push it open herself yet.)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is awesome! So happy for Freya to have a better life with you away from her bullies. She looks like a really sweet cat! So thoughtful of you to bring her to live with you. :)

punkysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a delightful story and photos.  I especially love Freya's amazement when she realized  'that's a tree?.' Thanks for sharing this beautiful fur family reunion. Lucky kitties!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful pictures. Looks like she is going to have a wonderful and SAFE life from now on. Thank you for giving her this good life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Freya is settling in really well. She has a friend now! Little Boy has decided to be her eternal companion and protector. Don't they look sweet together?