Freya says Hi!!

neuross

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello from Singapore!!

(Picture taken 2 weeks ago during the Lunar New Year

Since a few weeks back, she started pulling out her own fur on front and hind legs. It really worries us. 
  I did a lot of research online. There are so many reasons on why a cat would do this to themselves, so I can't figure out what is the real reason. I am wondering if she's bored at home during day time when we are out at work for 9hrs, hence, she over groomed herself?

We are thinking of adopting a 2nd cat to be her playmate. Hoping that a 2nd cat can motivate her to be more active and playful. I have done a lot of research online and noted that it can be a perfect match or a major disaster. We really love Freya a lot and she's will always be the first priority in our heart. If she shows sign that she cannot accept the 2nd cat in the house, we will return the new cat to the foster care. We understand that this process is a challenging one and need a lot of patience. We are prepared for it. But I need some advice on when would be a good time to adopt a 2nd cat? Should I wait 1 year to let Freya settle down and get accustom/ownership to our apartment or it doesn't really matter?

jackandme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sure those who are more knowledgeable than me on the subject will be helpful -- but I just wanted to say that Freya is a really beautiful cat! She's just gorgeous! Congrats on being new cat parents! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neuross

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Your kitty looks very cute too! I love the stripes :)

jqtiang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I'm from Singapore too! Sorry I don't have the answers for you as well. And your cat is really pretty! I'm sure she's a joy to have. :D

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my neighbor's cats started pulling out patches of his fur and it turned out he was hyper (hypo?) thyroid.  He was losing a lot of weight though along with the fur pulling out.  Your cat is lovely by the way.

Last edited: