Freeze dried liver safety? (and other freeze dried advice?)

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently started getting my kittens more proteins to try, and recently picked up some freeze dried turkey liver. However, I do know that there's potential for issues concerning the high levels of vitamin A.

In that case, is this something that shouldn't be fed on a regular basis? If so what's a good replacement treat, specifically freeze-dried, I can give as I really prefer to keep things single ingredient. Currently we have minnows, and chicken.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how often it's ok to give liver, I think a small amount daily is ok so long as it's from a bird (like duck, chicken, turkey) not bigger animals like beef, since some cat food has liver and cats would naturally eat whole prey daily, organs included. Personally I rotate between several treats though, that way I know they aren't getting too much and they get a variety. For freeze dried I know PureBites has several different kinds Simple Ingredient Freeze Dried Treats your cat is sure to love | PureBites There are other brands too, but that can give you an idea of what else you can try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how often it's ok to give liver, I think a small amount daily is ok so long as it's from a bird (like duck, chicken, turkey) not bigger animals like beef, since some cat food has liver and cats would naturally eat whole prey daily, organs included. Personally I rotate between several treats though, that way I know they aren't getting too much and they get a variety. For freeze dried I know PureBites has several different kinds Simple Ingredient Freeze Dried Treats your cat is sure to love | PureBites There are other brands too, but that can give you an idea of what else you can try.
Ahh, that makes so much sense feeding them more bird parts than beef considering their natural diet!

I also will look into Purebites. I think I bought some recently. As well as start rotating, which is yet another great piece of advice I didn't consider!

Thank you 🙏🙏🙏🙏