Found this in cat's urine clump. What could it be?

Julia07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this sticking out of my cat's urine clump when cleaning her litter box this morning. It looks transparent, feels like rubber/hardened glue, but still flexible. the cat (Female, 10 y.o.) is not showing any urinary symptoms, drinking/eating/urinating normal. I sent the photo to the vet and they said it did not look like a worm, they said it's possibly mucous and to keep monitoring her for any unusual symptoms. I am freaking out thinking it might be serious, if she peed it out it was probably painful since it's so big. Please share if you know what it might be. Thank you

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Julia07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, welcome! Is she pregnant?
Hi. No, she is spayed. I contacted the vet and they said it did not look like worms, they assume it's mucus from her bladder. If you look very closely, there are a few brownish "specks" in there that look like stones (and it's not litter). She did have an abnormal urinalysis 6 months ago, but vet told us just to monitor and not make any changes with diet. She is acting totally normal and peeing ok, I am just so worried that if it was this hardened when she was peeing that means it was so painful. But the vet said that if certain crystals are present then mucus hardens after urination.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You'd have heard her yowl, so I'm thinking it passed without too much issue other than probably feeling really weird.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Julia07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You'd have heard her yowl, so I'm thinking it passed without too much issue other than probably feeling really weird.
Thank you for that comment. I would hate for her to be in pain. The vet is telling me to keep monitoring but it's so hard for me not too worry about her :)