Found Kitten With No Momma

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The day before yesterday as I was washing clothes (I took my dog with me) and my dog found a kitten in the maintenance closet of our apartment complex laundromat, with no momma to be found. I left the baby at first and kept an eye out for Momma but she was no where. At this time the kitten was very hungry so I took him in, fed him kitten food and cleaned him up. Can someone help me with his age. He's still a bit wobbly but doesn't drink milk from the bottle, he'll drink it by himself from a bowl.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say around 6 weeks old, maybe five......I would bet someone dumped him there thinking someone would pick him up. He's obviously been socialized and well fed up until then. What a little sweetheart, what now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say around 6 weeks old, maybe five......I would bet someone dumped him there thinking someone would pick him up. He's obviously been socialized and well fed up until then. What a little sweetheart, what now?
We're definitely keeping him, already named him Kakashi. Made an appointment for Monday to have him seen by a Vet. Our 4 year old dog absolutely loves him but our 3 year old cat on the other hand is so mad that we brought a kitten home. I'm hoping that she'll warm up to him. We have to watch her with him or if we aren't home then we keep them in separate rooms.

Also would I need to keep him on kitten milk or is it okay for him to eat wet/dry kitten food now?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand it, he is so darn cute!!!! He can eat soft kitten food, even some kitten kibble if he can manage it, as much as he wants until about a year old. Your female is a female, they are the manners/limit teachers so she will take care of his manners/play limits. Hissing and swatting are perfectly normal, just no outright attacks. Bless you for giving him a home!

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't stand it, he is so darn cute!!!! He can eat soft kitten food, even some kitten kibble if he can manage it, as much as he wants until about a year old. Your female is a female, they are the manners/limit teachers so she will take care of his manners/play limits. Hissing and swatting are perfectly normal, just no outright attacks. Bless you for giving him a home!
Thank you My dog is actually playing the momma role, she cleans him and makes sure he doesn't fall off the bed. It's super cute!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
5 weeks I think.

Goats milk is good. Or some soft kibble. Baby food is good. The uflavored

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5 weeks I think.

Goats milk is good. Or some soft kibble. Baby food is good. The uflavored
Wow, I had no idea about the baby food and my husband works at a Farm & Pet store, he was actually going to pick up goats milk from work today.

Belenvm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh he is just so adorable! How lucky that you found him. :hyper:
I know and he was the only kitten. I'm guessing if the mother cat had him there the siblings must have already left to wonder and explore. The momma cat might not have returned thinking all babies left already. Or Di and Bob were right about someone dumping him, which I would hope wasn't the case. Who could do such a cruel thing to such a cutie!!?
But yes I feel so very lucky :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a cutie pie. He's so lucky you, or rather your dog, found him. :heartshape: