Found Kitten Under House

Inglejm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two days ago I heard a kitten crying. I went outside to investigate and saw the momma cat coming out. I wasn't able to see the kitten but left some food for the mom. Went back yesterday and was able to see the kitten. Eyes are open and crying a lot. Left more food for mom, checked and it was gone. After work I checked on kitten again, still in same spot and no mom. Put a towel in a box and put kitten in it so it'd be warm and out of the dirt. Left more food for mom, waited two hours and food is still there. I'm worried the mom might have abandoned baby. I'm not sure if that is normal. I don't want to separate too soon. Not sure what to do. I'll upload pic and video to estimate age.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I Inglejm

If mom's food is not eaten soon and kitten is still crying, I think you should bring it inside.

The kitten looks 5-6 weeks old from the head shot. It should be able to eat soft foods on its own. It's probably hungry.

Is it the only kitten? Do you think you could get the mom in your house too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Inglejm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is only one. The Mom was very small so not sure if she was a young mother so doesn't have the maternal instincts. I could try but I haven't seen it to try.

I have a video but it won't upload. It walks very unsteadily. So can food would be ok?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I Inglejm

Oh, if it's still toddling, then it needs kitten formula. It will be too young to eat food yet. Does the kitten have any teeth yet?

Walmart sells powdered PetAg kitten formula in the can.

The mom needs spaying. She may be in heat again already.

Have you got the kitten inside now?

Video needs to be uploaded to YouTube first, then a link put here.