Found A Good Non Clumping Unscented Litter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally found a great unscented nonclumping litter: Jonny Cat fragrance free litter. It also is nearly dust free and light in color. Works great no noticeable odor and not so heavy as clumping. Love it!

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great! Does it track? I noticed fresh step just put out a “clean paws” I’m keen to try.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I finally found a great unscented nonclumping litter: Jonny Cat fragrance free litter. It also is nearly dust free and light in color. Works great no noticeable odor and not so heavy as clumping. Love it!
Wow, thanks! :thanks: You definitely peeked my interest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why is it every time I find something good it gets changed by the manufacturer!!! Oh no the next bag of Jonny Cat Fragrance free is different. It is dark in color and the pieces are smaller, finer grained it might cause dust or tracking. I will let you all know. I really liked the lighter colored one.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe it has to do with the supply? I notice some slight color variation in our Tidy Cat clumping litter from time to time.
I will contact Jonny Cat. It is way darker in color. One bag was light beige and the next was dark gray. I hope it is just a fluke. Will let you all know if I find out anything.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_0944.JPG
It's definitely not THAT noticeable when I've seen color variations. I'm interested to know what they say!
I found out the answer. I talked to Jonny Cat and found out the clay comes from two locations for their two processing plants. One is in Georgia which has lighter clay and the other is in Mississippi which has the darker clay. The formula is the same for both. It just looks different and personally I think the lighter colored clay seems slightly larger pieces and might not be as dusty (I saw no dust from the lighter clay but haven't fully tested the darker one). Chewy.com carries the darker clay. The grocery stores and CVS here in Southern California carries the lighter colored clay.
Jonny Cat is very nice and sending me some free litter coupons. I like the fragrance free litter a lot and so does my kitty Tutu. Notice how she smiles when she sleeps!!!
IMG_0944.JPG

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Found the lighter colored one I like at my grocery store. Good price too. An mixing the darker one with some left over fresh step extreme not made anymore. Kitty prefers the lighter one. She checks the litter when part way through her meal. Won't eat the full meal if her litter needs changing. Such a princess!

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really like the new litter but I have noticed in both the darker version and lighter version of the litter the wet clay looks darker after she urinates than her old litter. She is on perpetual clavamox antibiotic for her medical conditions so I don't think she has an infection, she is eating good, drinking good and peeing good. It might just be the change of clay type so I have some left over older littervthat she used to be on and will switch back to see if there is a difference. We see her vet this week anyhow so we will see. Any thoughts?