Found A Cat Tree!

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mike and I go out and collect alcohol bottles and cans on recycle day when it's nice out, lots of time there's a lot of good "garbage" too that people throw out. Tonight we were out and found a nice cat tree for Meowzers! Brought it home, put it on the balcony... sprayed it down with Lysol, put some DE on it and then vacuumed it a few hours later and brought it inside. She LOVES it. We have some rearranging of furniture to do on Wednesday so we can find a better place for it, but it looks like it's staying here. 

I'll try to get some pictures of her on it tomorrow, it's too dark right now for my cell to take nice pictures and my camera battery is dead. 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice find!! It's amazing what some people throw away. When I was growing up our city used to have a "spring cleaning" garbage pick-up where people could put just about anything out for the trash and the city contracted people to pick it up and sort it. Every year, we would pile into my parents' station wagon and drive around to see what treasures we could find. One year we found a dresser and nightstand for my bedroom that just needed painted and reinforced and they were still in my room when I sold the house when I was 35. My dad came home with countless fans, lamps and radios that he fixed and sold (he was out of work at the time and it helped pay the bills).

The funny thing is, driving out our road last week we saw a bedside commode sitting beside the road at the end of a long driveway. We really hoped it was set out for someone to take it for free but our first comment was "oh, a West Virginia rest stop". 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Where my parets live they had a spring cleaning day, they have one every 4 months now I think so that there isn't so much stuff on the side of the road for such a long period of time. 

I'm really excited for about a week from now when the students start to leave, that's when the good stuff comes out. They have big storage things that they put out in parking lots at places known to house students where they can put furniture and stuff and it will stay dry and clean. I love that too!

One of my favourite musicians furnished his whole apartment with stuff he found on the side of the street (except his mattress and music stuff). He was on Cribs one time and made sure everyone knew that, lol. 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love curb & dumpster diving. I have found some really good things! LOL

I guess the best find ever was a chaise lounge, sitting by a dumpster. Other than that, One time I found a purse, it had a $50 bill in it