Fostering a Stray.

klaus&sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am currently fostering a stray, tonight (Saturday the 14th) will be the 6th night I have had her.
I took her to the vets on Thursday the 12th. She was deemed to be in great health despite having diarrhea.
She received her vaccines, and he gave me some anti diarrheal for her. He gave her a shot & pills to take home.

Her bowels improved for 36 hours after the vet & have now gone back to diarrhea, not as back but definitely not where they need to be.
She won't eat the pill with food, so I am having to force it down her with a little bit of food. I am giving her probiotics in her dry food & a sensitive stomach wet food (which again she refuses to eat.) My vet is closed for the next 2 days and I don't deem this an emergency. Can someone help me figure out how to get her stool where it needs to be & how to get her to take this med?! Please!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
S boulardii always works for my cats, a quarter of a capsule in the food twice a day. Psyllium is another thing that is good, it's a fibre and a pinch mixed into the food twice a day should clear the problem up in a couple of days.

duck13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
a little canned pumpkin (NOT pie filling, just plain pumpkin) mixed with the food helps many cats! Your kitty may have a food sensitivity- you might try a different protein (turkey, rabbit, lamb are less likely to cause issues). Plain ole stress can cause problems too-