Foster kittens whitei-ish foul smelling diarrhea

CassLikesCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please bare with me, english isn't my first language and I don't really know how some things like the parasite remedy are called in english so:
I have 3 foster kittens, they're approximately 45 days old now, and I've got them at 30 days old (they were on formula, and they only eat cooked chicken breast since they refuse baby food). I have what i would call vast experience raising and taking care of kittens, I rescue cats every month since I was very young so I have dealt with my fair share of sickness/parasite types.
Two weeks ago these kittens were refusing any food plus had light brown diahrrea, so I took them to the vets, and they got better (were eating normally, being active, doing nice poop lmao) But yesterday they started having very white/greyish watery depositions, lack of appetite (2 of the 3), a decrease in energy (they're not lethargic tho thank god) and one of them is vomiting clear liquid. My usual vet is extremely ill and our of work, so I took them to a different clinic but the vet there just told me to give them the parasite-killing (sorry don't know the name lol) liquid and nothing more, and not even dosed but the full dose for their weight (500 grams). I don't think that's a good idea, since they're already extremely sick to the tummy but I don't know what else to do either, so I dosed it (i gave them hald the indicated dose for their weight) I also asked her if maybe she wouldn't think injecting them some gastric protector/anti vomiting was a good idea, but she refused. Any help/insight in similar situations will be highly appreciated!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
http://kittencoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NKC-Fast-Facts_Poop-Chart_5-2017.pdf
Cat poo colour chart: Understanding your cat’s internal health | Petbarn Articles

Welcome to The Cat Site! Your English is just fine and the kitten is adorable and healthier looking than I would have expected from your description. The three charts may help a little bit. Remember most internet health information will go to the extreme possibilities, so don't panic but I am concerned that they are tiny kittens who are not eating and vomiting what might be bile. Will they eat cat food at all? The chicken is not supplying everything they need, as you know. The first chart suggests the use of a probiotic for them (although I don't agree with reducing food intake in kittens this small). Probiotics are not necessarily a prescription and many people on TCS use s. boulardii which can be purchased in health food stores and other places. (saccharomyces boulardii). However, my overall concern is that they do not seem well in general. Do you have any other options for another vet? Do you foster on your own or are you part of a rescue?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your English is FINE! Don't worry about that for a minute!

Since you have experience, have you syringe-fed kittens before? They really do need some nutrition going in.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
From what I've read, this is a very serious issue and needs more than what that Vet has done. Here is another thread that sounds similar and what helped. Pay particular attention to post #12 within the thread: White runny kitten poop...