Foster Cat Constantly Meowing

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You handled this just exactly as you should have! And I agree, at best it is neglect. She's lovely, and I think you are right, she will find her forever home quickly.

Enjoy your trip to France! If you go to Paris, wave at the Eiffel Tower for me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You handled this just exactly as you should have! And I agree, at best it is neglect. She's lovely, and I think you are right, she will find her forever home quickly.

Enjoy your trip to France! If you go to Paris, wave at the Eiffel Tower for me!
Going to the French Riviera area. I’ll swim in the Mediterranean for you! ;):hyper:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's the French Riviera...one can swim in almost anything, or very nearly nothing.

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahaha! Very true!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will you be fostering again for another rescue when you return? I hope so. I'd hate to see you disappear!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will you be fostering again for another rescue when you return? I hope so. I'd hate to see you disappear!
I am not sure. It’ll all depend on what happens when I go back home on a Sunday. My mom is elderly and recently broke her leg. We’re not sure yet if she’ll be able to go back to living independently and if that’s the case, I’ll bring her cat Neige (snow) back to the States to live with me. It’ll break my mom’s heart to give her up, but give her comfort to know she’ll stay in the family and be well taken care of. I may have to wait to find out if I have to take her back, so in the meantime I’ll probably try to foster for another shelter. What this experience has taught me though is that I do miss having a cat. I still miss Huxley dearly, and wish he was still here with me, but I think I am ready to welcome another cat in my life. I can only have one where I live though so it’ll all depend on my mom’s situation. If it looks like she’ll be able to recover, them I’ll adopt my own sometime in August when I get back. Regardless, there is a cat in my future so I’ll be coming back on this site for advice i’m sure!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, good. Although I do hate the news about your mom. I hope that all goes very well for her, indeed!

FlaLadyB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am very upset (mainly at the shelter people). The poor girl hasn’t eaten a single bit of food since FRIDAY evening and I doubt she had any water either. I kept contacting the woman and all I got from her was “she’s fine”, “I’m not worried” “try to give her some milk maybe”. I gave her Cerenia that I had left from Huxley and some Pepcid. I syringe fed her with some lactose free milk and a bit of pate mixed with pate juice, but the poor thing was clearly nauseous as she walked away from any food and had the lip licking/gulping reaction when faced with food.
I was beside myself that they would not do anything for this poor girl. Had she been mine I would have taken her to the ER yesterday! They came to pick her up this morning and I thought they were going straight to the vet, but no. This woman brought her to her home to see if she could get her to eat something (as if I hadn’t tried every possible food in the house that a cat would love like tuna, chicken, tuna water, treats she loved when she first arrived and all the different kinds of cat food I have in the house) before the main lady from the shelter (the one I was in contact with before) comes back after work this evening to take her.
I understand they are all volunteers, and do the best they can, but this is the second time I foster for them (and end up with a sick cat) and their way of handling things is definitely not for me! I just hope kitty cat is okay. She is such a sweet gently girl.
I don’t think I will foster for them again. I can’t do it this way, and I think they are sick of me and all my calls and text messages asking them to bring the cat to the vet!

FlaLadyB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the mouthing and gulping are sure signs of acid reflux, upset tummy. Pepsid for sure, but there are other presp things too. DO NOT give her milk of any kind since cats are lactose intolerant and she will throw it up. Just makes things worse. I read you are leaving Sunday...but I hope whoever has the sweet girl knows what to do......