Former Ferals

luckyblackcat

Devoted Cat Momma
Young Cat
Purraise
untitled.png

Does anyone have any pictures of pet cats who used to be feral? This is Ash, he's technically my brother's cat ;), but I pay him the most attention, and he's always following me around for head scratches, and butting his head against my face. He's a real sweetheart, with the most beautiful eyes.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eight of my ten were born feral, to Parents likewise born wild. Bob, the Norwegian Forest Cat, at top left, was simply abandoned, and Moo Shu, the Snowshoe in the bottom row, second from right, was dropped off late one night by a shadowy figure in a flaming black chariot, pulled by a three-headed dog with a serpent for a tail.

tenhoriz.jpg

Truly feral cats can be a challenge; they require time and patience, and above all else, they require Love, but when it finally strikes them that they have a home - a home which is theirs forever - they're the greatest Friends that anyone could ever hope to find.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three who were born by a neighborhood feral cat. Two different litters. First came Little Figgy.
BushyTail.jpg

Then came Peko and Bootsy.
cutest.jpg

We found Little Figgy at age six weeks. We found Peko and Bootsy at age 4 weeks. Two weeks made HUGE difference in taming. Peko and Bootsy decided I was mama the next day. Figgy was 10 days before I could pet her. She had a major attitude.

The feral mama kitty has since been trapped, spayed, and released. I see her around a lot. She's doing very well.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gandalf isn't strictly feral, but he was abandoned by my former neighbors while I was on holiday and spent a few weeks sleeping rough before I managed to lure him inside
These two were abandoned by neighbors before they were a year old. The next couple years were spent outside. Another neighbor was feeding them. Then that neighbor moved and I took over. After four months they decided that I could pet them. After that they started coming inside and snooping around. Then they started coming in every night. Bear would hop up on my window sill and meow at me when she wanted in. When I moved I took them with me and they became house cats. We still have Checkers. We lost Bear to kidney disease a couple years ago.

Checkers
c1w.jpg

Bear
Bear dcr.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckyblackcat

Devoted Cat Momma
Young Cat
Purraise
Checkers is absolutely adorable. I'm glad they were both able find a home with you.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket was feral and became part of our family at 4 months old. She still refuses to be held and has several holdover habits. It is fairly common for her to startle first and think later. You can see her calm herself and come back. The dining room table is her safe place to retreat to follow by my bedroom. It's been 2.5 years and each day is a little better; hopefully in a few years she will be comfortable with everyone that is regularly at our house.

She is full grown in the photos. She's just little, short and stubby. 8 pounds.

chrissycollete

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These 2 cats were born in our backyard feral. We slowly fed them dry food and tried to get friendly with them. The mom and another kitten were apparently killed by a coyote. I trapped the other 2, and kept them in a bathroom, then a bedroom. Eventually they became very, very tame and lovable cats. They just turned 1 year old. I tried to get them adopted, but no takers. So, I am with them apparently for life! They are brother and sister and they are inseparable. You can view their youtube channel trailer below.