For Marble, the cat that was not even mine.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is with very heavy heart that I announce the passing of Marble, the kitty I loved who was not even mine. He was about to be prepped for surgery, but breathed his last breath yesterday afternoon, 22 March at the vet's clinic. I received the bad news while I was in the car and just sobbed and sobbed.

I fell in love with this cat the first time I laid my eyes on him, but could not adopt him due to selfishness by others. Still, even when I was not allowed to keep him, I kept feeding him twice daily outside or inside my apartment. He preferred to eat in our kitchen, away from the other colony of cats I feed outside. But first, he would chase all my indoor cats, probably to let them know that he was the boss even though he did not live in the house.

March 13, we found him dragging his body to the compound, his two back legs useless. Somebody might have ran him over by a car, or even worse. I spoke to the supposed "owners" but suddenly disowned him and refused to care for him, so I knew right then I could not leave him to suffer outside alone. From that day until his passing I cried each time I look at him or think about him. Too many guilt and what ifs in my head, and it almost led to my breakdown.

Allow me time to process my grief. Allow me some time to deal with my own guilt. My heart is very sad because I could have done more, yet at the same time I know Marble left in peace and without pain. At least, in his last few days, he only knew love and care and did not die alone out in the street. I thank the universe for this cat who came and went to my life like a fleeting breeze, but despite those brief moments with him had only taught me how to love deeper and with no conditions. Marble was not my cat, but he left a mark in my heart.

Thank you to the wonderful rescue group who stepped in when nobody else could. They helped me cover the vet costs

Goodnight, Marbie Bubu. Say "hi" to our Pepsi for me. You have earned your wings, sweetie.

Until we meet again.
7AAD0ACF-1517-43EB-9EDE-C637F535443A.jpeg
94388CCB-7EB8-4FC0-84A0-9AA4A775E34B.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weep with you. I wanted to try and catch you here in case you missed my message to you. You could not have done more. You gave Marble everything within your power to give and you reached beyond your limits. I know you did that. I am so very saddened that Marble had to go but grateful that he knew joy with you and your family. You are a truly wonderful human. My friend, please know that you lit the way for Marble. He flies now with the power you gave him. Love carries him on his way to watch over you from above. He has a piece of your heart with him and has given you a piece of his. I pray that time will use that to help patch the hurt you feel now. There will always be a connection between you and your two hearts beat as one. He came into your life for a reason. We don’t always know the greater plan but we do know that he thrived in your home. I have always believed that when we share our hearts with a cat, their heart and ours purr together forever after. Take the time you need and we will all be waiting to hold you close when you feel you can return. My heart is always, always with you my friend. :grouphug2::rbheart: Marble has a piece of my heart with him too.
Dance upon the clouds Marble, go and purr with Pepsi. I know you will keep us all upon the path we need to take now. The light of the love that shown in your face will make rainbows reach down to the earth to show us that all things travel to where you and all others will be waiting for us. Thank you Marble for sharing your beautiful spirit with us. Spread your wings and soar.
B52EA49A-71BD-4149-8EED-BB0A904D4D10.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Marble, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on more hearts than ever you knew existed.

Marble's life was far too short, but what he knew of hearth, home, love, comfort, he knew from you. And he left this world wrapped in your love (and some of ours). Now, he is whole and healthy again in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he blesses you for your caring, your love, your kindness. I will ask my Dad to keep an eye on him, and on Pepsi, until, in the fullness of time, you meet with them again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing that comes to mind when I read these words is "WHY"?! And an answer never comes. Why did that beautiful boy have to have this happen to him? I guess we will never know.......
Thank God and all that is good he found you. He knew love, he knew happiness. He bonded with your heart and came to you because he could see the love in your soul. He was happy for a while, and it was because of you, thank you.
His memory will now live on through you. His love will always be a part of your soul because it is spiritual, so eternal. I hope one day you can take comfort in knowing you made a difference in that little life, that because of you he found contentment because he was loved. He rests in peace now because of that love, and will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
For all the ferals and the throwaways out there in this cruel, cold world, I pray that at least some of them will know the goodness of a human heart such as yours. Marble found that, and for that I am thankful.....Take care, you tried to save him, and like so many others, sometimes we just can't save them all, no matter how hard we try. I salute you for making his life a little easier......RIP dear Marble. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a huge loving heart. May the good Lord accept you into His loving arms, and keep you safe until you meet again!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetheart, there is very likely nothing you could have done, if he lost the use of his back legs for whatever reason that's usually very serious and often no way back from that for a cat, you looked after him as well as anyone could. You were in a difficult situation and my heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace little one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest regrets and heartfelt sympathies go out to you at this difficult time. :hugs: You were Marble's savior and he knew it or he would not have felt comfortable eating at your house. He also recognized your love and devotion to him.:catlove: Although his loss lingers in your heart please take comfort in knowing that you relieved Marble's pain and he is in good company with Pepsi now.:angel:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
O Marble, I am having a hard time letting you go, even tho you weren’t my kitty! Perhaps, like a divining rod, you knew the way to a good heart, and pointed yourself towards her, despite everything. In your youth, your precociousness and vulnerability you stand for all the other kitties (and owners) who let their hearts shine through. Navigating the world of humans can be hard Marble, but in the end you beat your your path to the door of a true hearted soul, and was loved purely, completely, by one who cared. Your siblings live on in your honor, perhaps grateful & thankful that you were the trailblazer & seeker of this lovely Lady.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 di and bob di and bob Norachan Norachan epona epona neely neely Lari Lari Krienze Krienze fionasmom fionasmom Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum Margot Lane Margot Lane Cat McCannon Cat McCannon

I thought I was ready to read the comments without sobbing, that is why I logged in at TCS.
I was wrong. My heart still hurts. Every now and then when I look out the window I imagine him happily running towards the apartment, or when I am in the kitchen I "see" him ravaging on my cats' food. I myself am surprised why he had this effect on me, when I have dealt with a lot of cats before.

From my heart, thank you for the wonderful messages of love and concern.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 'essence' that is your beloved little one IS running happily towards the apartment, and he IS happily eating your cat's food. He always will be. He lives on through you now, in your memories and in your soul. We are left behind to mourn their passing, but that sweet boy is soaring and free of any earthly restraints. He is at peace and knows he is loved. His spirit will always surround your own, he will always be near......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
The 'essence' that is your beloved little one IS running happily towards the apartment, and he IS happily eating your cat's food. He always will be. He lives on through you now, in your memories and in your soul. We are left behind to mourn their passing, but that sweet boy is soaring and free of any earthly restraints. He is at peace and knows he is loved. His spirit will always surround your own, he will always be near......
THANK YOU. I really thank you all. Those are beautiful words di and bob di and bob . One day I hope I can talk about him without sadness in my heart.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will. The joy of what he brought to your life will eventually let you think of him with thankfulness and love. Not sadness and tears. It just takes time and healing.....