Food change causing itch?

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello again.

I started trying a gradual food change with Delilah. I decided to start with the dry. She had been on science diet. I wasn't that crazy about the ingredients.

When I adopted her, I received a coupon for a free bag of dry, one of three brands. I compared the 3 brands and chose the grain free one with better ratings and no fish (I have seafood allergies).

I did the gradual change, and yesterday was the first day where she didn't get science diet. I noticed that she started nibbling at herself while she was grooming.

Today it seemed to be more... to the point where she was trying to get to one spot and got her lower jaw caught in her collar (scary for me... thankfully she has a breakaway collar and I got it right off).

Is it likely the new kibble (Simply Nourish Source grain free kibble with real turkey pieces) is the culprit?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Possibly. Try feeding the old for a few weeks to see if the itching goes away. The Simply Nourish might have something that is causing the itchiness in your cat. If the itchiness doesn't improve, it could just be seasonal / environmental (allergies.