Food advice

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

We are coming again with a food problem that seems to persist once at 3-4 months .
Our baby girl stopped eating again her dry food from friday morning - only eat few grams/day according to her automatic feeder. The problem persist since we changed her food because struvite crystals last year and once a few months she didn t like her food anymore .
From when she was a baby cat we gived her only the best available - acana and schesir as complementary wet food . After a vet appointment we found out that she has early struvite crystals and we moved her on different foods - purina/royal and hill's in the last. We went with the hill's S/D 1.5-2 months and after another urinanalysis we found out she is struvite free and need to change her to Hill/s C/D for control. The problem was in 2 months she stopped eating again the hill's and we moved her back on Acana wich she liked until now . I know wet food would be good for her bcs the benefits that come with it but she's not eating more than 2 little spoons from 1 canned food a day . Even if she is super hungry .
We tried only the best available foods that we found in our market like :
1. Acana Grasslands - eated
2. Acana for "sterilised" - eated 1 day and she vomited the food
3. Canagan - not eated at all
4. Purina urinary - not eated at all
5. Royal canin- not eated at all
6. Sanabelle dry - not eated at all
7. We tried every single canned wet food possible and she only eat Schesir with Tuna and Chiken & Beef but very very little.
8. Orijen - now we try with it - maybe different flavour she will eat - we want to move her to the FIT&TRIM one because low carbs,phosphorus and etc.
I don t know if these changes are very good for her stomach but i would think it s not . Our vet recommended us to find a food that has lower protein,carbs,phosphorus and etc because we can t force her eat urinary foods that she won/t like them . I don t know if here we can find a nutritionist for cats(i really don t know if it exists) .
Any tips or advices ? Maybe someone dealt with the same problem like us ?
Thank you very much !

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would feed only wet food and add a little water mixed in. Try sprinkling Fortiflora on top of the food or maybe mixing a few nuggets of her favourite dry food. Try feeding by hand to start her off eating.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cat peaches canned orijen because it has more calories than her other food and very Meaty! So lots of protein which she needs. Weruva steak frites is very low in phosphorus. Most weruva is. My cat maggie had struitive crystals which were disolved with hills c/d. She now eats weruva

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don t find here Orijen canned food neither Weruva one . I searched for them but maybe theyre expensive and no demand for them .
i always hand feed her whenwe try another wet food but if she don t like she won t eat ever .
i will search zooplus to see if anything can fit her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We live in Romania - we do have zooplus but not with all the products available . I tried to order from uk one and i can t