Folded Ear

Carmont

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About a month ago I woke up and noticed "Maddie's" one ear had folded down over night. I watched her that day to see if that ear was bothering her in any way and it wasn't. I also stabbed the inside of her ear and found nothing. I took her to the vet and she did a thorough exam, consulted with the 4 other vets that were there at the time and they all came away scratching their heads.
Has anyone else had their cat's ear, just one of them, spontaneously fold over?
Thank you for any information or insight you can provide!!
20201029_165054.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! How old is your cat?
By the way, I really hope you didn't actually "stab" the inside of your cats' ear - that's something only a vet should be doing. Is her eye on that side closed a little bit or is that just the way the photo makes it look?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carmont

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hah! No, of course I didn't stab the inside of her ear. That was a typo. I "swabbed" the inside of her ear.
Maddie's eyes are fine and equal in size and appearance. I believe her left eye looks squinted due to the camera angle. I hadn't noticed that in that picture before. You're very observant!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was a typo. I "swabbed" the inside of her ear.
oh, goodness (I hate auto correct lol!)
I think, if it were me, I'd watch to ensure there's nothing else occurring on that side of her head and face over time, but otherwise it may just be a genetic quirk - she's a darling cat :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carmont

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a good suggestion to look for other anomalies on that side of her head. I'll do that. Thank you!!