fiv immune supplements

klaus&sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 cats that are fiv+. I'm looking for a really good immune support supplement for them. I've been giving them l-lysine, but I recently read an article (I believe on here) that l-lysine proved to do nothing towards cats immune system. Though it helps with their herpes symptoms, and watery eyes!

Does anyone have anything proper to support a cats overall immune system?

Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
cats usually produce their own vitamines. But its wellknown extra E-vitamines is beneficial in many situations. So a good all round vitamine preparat for cats, which should include E-vitamine. Otherwise continue with L-lysine. Both cant hurt, may help.

Raw goats milk is almost always beneficial.
Some good probiotic. Perhaps even youghurt with added probiotic bacteria.

Clean water, ie purified or from a good well. City water has often quite a much chemicals. Its apparently no problem for healthy individuals, but may be negative for individuals already on the verge.

catsknowme catsknowme has probably some extra suggestions, she is good on alternative treatments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaus&sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
cats usually produce their own vitamines. But its wellknown extra E-vitamines is beneficial in many situations. So a good all round vitamine preparat for cats, which should include E-vitamine. Otherwise continue with L-lysine. Both cant hurt, may help.

Raw goats milk is almost always beneficial.
Some good probiotic. Perhaps even youghurt with added probiotic bacteria.

Clean water, ie purified or from a good well. City water has often quite a much chemicals. Its apparently no problem for healthy individuals, but may be negative for individuals already on the verge.

catsknowme catsknowme has probably some extra suggestions, she is good on alternative treatments.
I will look into the vitamin preparat, thank you so much!

I give them probiotic powder mixed with their food, because one of my cats has IBD as well. I don't know if he could handle the raw goats milk, what would you advise? I also give him CBD oil to help calm his stomach as well, he has shown a positive reaction from it.
They also get purified water in a cat fountain with filters. Do you have any other advise for me? Again thank you, I really appreciate it!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A person I know has a FIV+ kitten and told me he has to take two supplements to help his immune system.
One is an L-Lysine powder, though they've been told it will be for a limited period of time only, the other supplement is a paste containing Echinacea, DL-Metionine, L-Lysine (again), L-Arginine, Vitamins E and B, Zinc and Selenium.
This is what their vet prescribed. The kitten is 10 months old, I can't tell you how this will work in the long term.