First vacation photos

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is a link to the first batch of photos from our vacation. We're in Colorado Springs, CO, for our T bucket nationals.

We left home Saturday afternoon and got as far as Wichita Falls, TX, where we slept. Then we continued on to Palo Duro Canyon, just south of Amarillo. We did a little sight seeing, then went to the "Texas!!!" show, which is a musical play about the early days in the Texas Panhandle. We camped for the night there, then continued on to Colorado Springs. It was cold and rainy along the way!

This morning, we formed at at the hotel, then cruised to the Home Depot for others to join us. From there, we cruised in a group (about 65 cars) to Cripple Creek, CO, one of the big old gold mining towns in the mountains. It was COLD!!! If you look at the photos, you'll notice snow along the road. That fell yesterday! When we got back to Colorado Springs, we went to a cruise night at a local Culver's restaurant, hosted by a local car club.

But I'm missing the kitties!

June 15, 2010

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Gosh Mike!!! How fun!!! So, what's the story of this vacations? what's up with all the old cars? Is the Brown one on the first picture yours?
I am soooooo gealous!
How long is the trip for? Sorry, I think I missed the earlier threads...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are at our T Bucket Nationals, the hot rod club I used to be vice-president of. It's in Colorado Springs this year.

We should be home by next Monday morning, probably Sunday night.

Yes, my car is sort of "dusty rose" in color.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More photos.

Wednesday morning cruise to the Air Force Academy, and line-up for the Ladies' Lipstick Cruise.

Wednesday morning

Ladies' Lipstick Cruise to Glen Eyrie, and general rowdiness in the parking lot.

Ladies Cruise

OK, some basic information. A "T Bucket" is a Ford Model T, built from 1909 to 1927. A true "bucket" is a roadster body with a shortened pickup bed, made famous by Norm Grabowski, whose car was driven by "Kookie" on "77 Sunset Strip." If you don't remember this show, your mother probably does.

Kookie Car on 77 Sunset Strip

Most of our cars are similar, but every one is different, as you can tell from the photos. This is truly a sport where you can express you individuality.

These are cars that can be built for less than the cost of a used motorcycle, are simple enough that the owner can do the majority of the work, and most of them have nothing on them that you wouldn't recognize if you've had nothing to do with cars since taking auto shop in the 1960's. Very simple cars.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we went to the Royal Gorge and Pikes Peak.

Photos

Yes, we drove our cars across the Royal Gorge bridge. And we drove them to the top of Pikes Peak, where the temperature was 40 degrees with a 60 mph wind!