First Time Kitten Owner Just Wanting To Sleep!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PaisleyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm....I think if I was in your shoes I would make the room with the lizard her room for the night, assuming there isn’t a worry about her getting to the lizard. Catlover had a great idea about putting something with your scent in the room. I would also suggest putting a cat carrier with the door either makes so it can’t shut on her or taken off. Cats can sometimes use it as a cat cave, because it’s fairly small and enclosed it makes them feel safe and hidden, plus of course it has the added benefit of making trips where she has to be in the carrier much easier, if she only sees the carrier when it comes time for scary car rides or vet visits she will try and run when she sees it.

I definitely think you should get your boyfriend involved in playtime. Lucky you have the perfect reason to start. Just point out to him that it is needed for him to get some sleep.

I so get this. I have a lab who does the same thing, and don’t even get me started on “Da bird” toy, he likes it more then the cat! There is laser toys like that I THINK you can set timers for, so it might make a good toy for the kitten room at night. You mentioned that you have a back yard, would it be possible to put the dogs outside for say a hour before bed so you can play with the cat before bed? They might be happier with that then going in a room if it’s possible. I know my lab would start barking if I tried that, but then he can be a cry baby :lol:.
I am so going to look into that timer toy!!! Thank you!!

And yes, I think the lizard room is definitely going to become her room for the night when she becomes crazy. And I can move her carrier into that room! She has a small one and she used to go in it herself all of the time. I will also put something with her scent in the room as well, which I also think is a great idea!

I am definitely going to try and get him involved, I want him to love her as much as I do! He definitely isn't a cat person, but he knows that we did luck out with her because her personality is incredible, she's very sociable and so sweet. He just can't get past her excitability. So hopefully that fades! :)

Thanks so much!!!! :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope he will, however he did see this when I was reading it and said "I can - I can resist Paisley's face easily" hahaha
LOL. Better tell him that sometimes cats gravitate to the person who pays the least attention to them. So maybe he better try doing some of the tips in the below article, you know, just so she won't accidentally think he doesn't like her. ;)

14 Cat Experts Reveal: How To Get A Cat To Like Me

:purr:

PaisleyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL. Better tell him that sometimes cats gravitate to the person who pays the least attention to them. So maybe he better try doing some of the tips in the below article, you know, just so she won't accidentally think he doesn't like her. ;)

14 Cat Experts Reveal: How To Get A Cat To Like Me

:purr:
I totally will!!! Haha. She does try to get him to pet her. She'll rub up against him purring and he'll just look at me. I'm like "she's trying to love you, pet her!". He will, but only after I tell him. I'm really trying!

PaisleyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update!:

Thank you so much everyone for your amazing advice and input! Paisley did SO MUCH better last night! I kept her much more stimulated last night and didn't let her sleep before we went to bed. She was quiet and didn't wake me up until around 4:15am playing with the blinds. However when I told her no and moved her off the dresser, she went back into the lizard room and was quiet for the remainder of the night until around 6:30am when she jumped up into bed with me. I was so thrilled!

Hopefully this continues, or maybe it was just a fluke night, but we'll see! I'm going to buy a few more toys for her and keep her more stimulated before bedtime! :)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad you got a good night of sleep!

And kittens are an absolute handful when it comes to nervous energy and getting into things. She'll definitely calm down as she gets older.

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!:

Thank you so much everyone for your amazing advice and input! Paisley did SO MUCH better last night! I kept her much more stimulated last night and didn't let her sleep before we went to bed. She was quiet and didn't wake me up until around 4:15am playing with the blinds. However when I told her no and moved her off the dresser, she went back into the lizard room and was quiet for the remainder of the night until around 6:30am when she jumped up into bed with me. I was so thrilled!

Hopefully this continues, or maybe it was just a fluke night, but we'll see! I'm going to buy a few more toys for her and keep her more stimulated before bedtime! :)
Yay! :yess: I’m so glad things are starting to go well! I hope the trend keeps up! Hopefully we’ll still see you around the boards even if everything is going well, after all now you can help other people who go through the same thing

PaisleyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay! :yess: I’m so glad things are starting to go well! I hope the trend keeps up! Hopefully we’ll still see you around the boards even if everything is going well, after all now you can help other people who go through the same thing
Of course!!!!! I definitely will! :)