First Time Having A Kitten, Worried About Pee Accidents And Parasites?

JackFord9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Guys,

First post here, so just an hour ago got my second cat. She is a 51 day old little kitten. I already have a 3 year old cat, and she was pretty excited to see the little kitten.So I currently have her in a small tent since I don’t have much space in my apartment. I gave her a deworming liquid just now. How long would it take for the deworming liquid to work? I would like to let her have access to my bedroom, but I don’t want her stool to pass parasites onto the litter I have home.When should I be safe with the parasites? Also my only other concern is that she is so young, and I’m worried that she won’t get the litter box in my apartment. I have a small litter box in her tent right now, but looking at the camera I put up, she is sleeping in it currently. She is FIV and FELV negative, so it’ll be fine for the two cats to interact.

Just concerned about her having an accident since my other cat I got when she was already an adult and got the litter box right away.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you know if she was litter box trained before you got her? At a little over 7 weeks, she's a bit young to have been adopted already. Most rescues and shelters won't allow adoptions before 8 weeks, but ideally 10-12 weeks (I've even seen some recommend 14 weeks!). My two were fully trained before we got them at 8 weeks, so hopefully yours was too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JackFord9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know if she was litter box trained before you got her? At a little over 7 weeks, she's a bit young to have been adopted already. Most rescues and shelters won't allow adoptions before 8 weeks, but ideally 10-12 weeks (I've even seen some recommend 14 weeks!). My two were fully trained before we got them at 8 weeks, so hopefully yours was too.
The previous person couldn't take care of her anymore due to an allergy from her baby. She said she never had any problems outside of the litter box.

Any thoughts on the deworming?