First time cat owner with pregnant cat

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, my cats pregnant she’s on day 63... three day’s ago she went into restless mode... laid around didn’t visit outside didn’t want to come near me however would always lay close enough to see me... she laid about all day... then next two days after completely off food off playing just sleeping and sleeping... I got her box ready a while ago a place she never visits cause she’s usually always with me but found she’s laying in there more often now... but yesterday she ended up starving again fed lots but still kept her distant however kept coming and going for cuddles... today her belly seems smaller... still there I can feel them but just smaller... is this signs of labour I’m baffled I’ve googled googled googled finally found this forum!! Advice please x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can I add while I’m here with her now her purring is quite deep she’s usually a massive purrer anyway and it’s always loud... but I felt her belly just placed hand on it no pressure and it was like really hard...

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh exciting thank you x she’s sort of peeking up now walking around no moaning she’s in pain etc just normal is that normal too for her to go from tired to energised to tired xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s all normal. Cats can have a few days of on-again, off-again bouts of pre-labor as well, so it’s difficult to say if she’s in actual labor. She may have a few days of pregnancy left. Sounds like she’s close though! :)

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww okay perfect! I’m ever so excited for her! Thank you for your advice x

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I did another port in regards to my cats behaviour and wondering if Labour was soon but I woke up this morning she’s been sick... is this a concern or normal x

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
How "sick"?
Is she eating, drinking etc?
Can you ring the vet and explain the current situation?

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just the once... and a slightly runny poo I just found! She isn’t purring when I stroke her but also isn’t vocal at all... she’s been off food few days eats but not like normal.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With sick you mean vomited? This may be normal, also runny poo and changed appetite.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Still she may be sick for real although pregnant. If you being there decide she is sick - do contact your vet. Dont guess and dont wait.

Abbiechanelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I have contacted him he’s calling me back ASAP. Just wondering if it’s labour coming poor girl

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No I have contacted him he’s calling me back ASAP. Just wondering if it’s labour coming poor girl
IF its normal proceedings, the delivery should come soon. Such symptoms may come as said, and they come typically perhaps one day before delivery. Its a way of body to empty the bowels, so she wont smear herself too grossly while delivering...

But cats may be sick for real although high preg, so its touchy... And if you visible see she is sick for real, or your instinct tells you this, you must hurry because the margins are extra thin and the kittens are too at stake.
Hopefully if the vet is decently experienced in obstetrics, she can decide which it is... And know to ask the correct questions.

OK, does she seems to run a fever?

Has she dropped? Dropped means - she suddenly seems less high preg, its often but not always visible. They do drop a couple of days before delivery...
If she has dropped and isnt too much sick - I want to hope she is OK and this is pregnancy symptoms...

Good you have contacted your vet - let the vet decide. :)