First Attempt At Tnr Got Complicated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless that one was brought in, or wandered in to your area. It's challenging to know. Probably you're smart preparing for the worst/hoping for the best :)
It is hard to know. However, I do think I know who the mother of the kitten is. Of course it's impossible to know for sure since cats who aren't related at all can look alike, but it seems like too much of a coincidence that I saw a long haired blue cat the same time I saw the long haired blue kitten. There are a lot of blue cats though!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone is generally known to have a bunch of cats (or to care for a bunch of cats), sometimes people will dump pregnant cats or kittens on their property because they expect the "crazy cat lady" will take care of them... which can then push that person over their limit to the point where they are overwhelmed, through no fault of their own... I've known people in that situation :(

It can be scary for a person with lots of cats to see a neighbor hanging around their property, visibly keeping tabs on the cats, taking pictures or video, or setting up traps. They may worry about getting in trouble and/or having cats seized and potentially killed by a municipal shelter or animal control. But on the other hand, they may be very willing to accept help, if approached in a non threatening way. Good luck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone is generally known to have a bunch of cats (or to care for a bunch of cats), sometimes people will dump pregnant cats or kittens on their property because they expect the "crazy cat lady" will take care of them... which can then push that person over their limit to the point where they are overwhelmed, through no fault of their own... I've known people in that situation :(

It can be scary for a person with lots of cats to see a neighbor hanging around their property, visibly keeping tabs on the cats, taking pictures or video, or setting up traps. They may worry about getting in trouble and/or having cats seized and potentially killed by a municipal shelter or animal control. But on the other hand, they may be very willing to accept help, if approached in a non threatening way. Good luck!!
That's true. That's one of the many scenarios I hadn't thought of. I certainly don't claim to know how many cats are unneutered. Just trying to plan for if they aren't.

I'm actually a little surprised I haven't been caught yet. I walk past the yard three times on my walk and always talk to the cats. Though if the person ever hears me talking to the cats, he/she will probably know that I'm not threat.

Thank you!