FIP

babymia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mia was a 3 month old female kitten. She was a stray when I found her. First Dr. told me she had liver failure and fluid in her stomach. He prescribed her silymarin for 30 days. She was not eating or drinking water, so he also said to give her pedyalite. My big concern was she was not eating or drinking water, so I took her to a different Dr. This other Dr. said it was gases. He gave her meds for gases. He also checked his stool and saw one parasite egg. Next day she is still not drinking water so I go back to the same vet. Another was there that morning. That Dr. said it was liquid in her stomach. She drained some and showed it to me. It was yellow. She said she will continue to drain but not everything then conncet her to an IV. For some reason they stold my debit card info and charged me for a second time (different amount and time of transaction.) I was in my car when it happened. I went back inside and ask about the unauthorized charge and she denied it. At this point I ask to see my kitten. But the Dr. said she started having convulsions. Minutes after the Dr. said she cant do more for her. She puts her down. Next day they charge me again. The vet clinic is in Mexico. I live in Texas. They clearly stold my debit card info. Here is when I start doubting if she really tried to save her and if it was really fip. Because minutes after I questioned her about the mysterious transaction all of the sudden she cant do more for Mia. The guilt is killing me. Any advice?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babymia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no way for us to be certain that it was FIP, however, yellow fluid in the abdomen is definitely not a good sign and is indicative of FIP :frown: And what you have described of how she was acting could also be FIP.

Please try not to feel guilty about what happened to Mia. We need to be able to rely on Vets, particularly in situations like this where our furbabies are clearly suffering. You did nothing wrong. You were trying to save her :alright: . I'm so sorry for your loss :rbheart: