Finished Blanket and Purse.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the past two weeks I got two crochet projects finished and 2/3rds of another one done.
First is the baby blanket I made for my future SIL. She is having a boy (Nicholas Anthony) and is decorating his room in teddy bears and sports. So I made a blanket for her to match the theme.

I also got my daughters birthday present done. She wanted a black and pink purse. So I designed one myself for her.

And this is the start of my youngest daughters birthday present. She wants a purse and blanket for her Lucy the Lion that she takes everywhere. So her purse is going to be all green (to match her coat) and a tan blanket to match Lucy. Ive only got one half of the purse done so far.

Im 3/4 of the way done with the second half. Im taking a TCS break now and then Ill finish that, make the gusset and sew it all together and when thats done I start Lucys blanket.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. That blanket was a pain in the batookus to make. It took me about a week and a half in fits and spurts. The yarn in Bernat Satin super soft and snuggly but man did it snag a lot. I had to go really slow to make sure I was getting the whole strand of yarn with my hook or else it would slip thru and only get a bit of the strand not the whole thing. I saved all my labels for the yarn so when the baby gets old if she would want I would make extra sections for it (to fit a twin bed) and sew them together to make a bigger blanket for him. I tried to stay away from baby colors so that way when he was older he would still want to use it and not think of it as a baby blanket but as a big boy blanket. She seemed to really enjoy it when I gave it to her. Now if I only I could master sewing in the ends better. Anyone have any tips or advice about that. Im still having a bit of trouble feeling confident that my work will stay in place.