Ferals Dont Get Along

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, we have 6 ferals from same mom in our yard, we have a fence and they can go under one part of our fence and
come in to eat and sleep. Lately, another feral showed up and causing problems, I feel bad since he is looking for food.
Im afraid he will fight our cats. Is anything we can do to get this cat to stop coming in the yard. He is very afraid, if he sees us the cat takes off and comes back. Ty

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he is very afraid of you the easiest solution it to be more present in the yard and shoo him away when he comes around. The other side is also don't leave out food when you aren't out there. Between the two the appeal of your yard will decrease and he should stop coming around within a few weeks. That is assuming you don't want him around at all.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your 6 ferals are adults, they are likely to successfully let him know that he is not welcome in their clowder in a short time. I TNR'd and only feed one of the dozens of ferals born around my neighborhood every year. She prefers to be an only cat and not part of a group. I've seen her angrily chase others out of the yard, and (on the down side) she has sprayed my entire patio with her scent to let them know it's her territory.

Also, following what Kieka said, I feed her 3 scheduled meals a day and don't leave food out. Occasionally one of the other feral cats will try to approach, and if "my" feral doesn't chase them off, I do go out and walk toward them to scare them back over the fence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ty,!!!